The Student Room Group

GCSE maths old spec

Is it possible to revise gcse Maths for Thursday ?? What is likely to come up I am doing the old spec please help 😭😭
What topics are likely to come up what came up last year? Would really appreciate your help
Which exam board?
Reply 2
Original post by ExoIceCream99
Which exam board?

Ohhh sorry my bad forgot to even mention that it's edexcel and non calculator.
Original post by revision1

Old spec is not 1-9 grades is it? If so I did old spec last year!
Reply 4
Original post by revision1

Sorry mate, am doing edexcel with calculator
Reply 5
Original post by ExoIceCream99
Old spec is not 1-9 grades is it? If so I did old spec last year!

Nope it's not the 1-9 grading system ohh thank god! If you can remember what types of questions came up for the in calculator and the calculator question paper?
Calculator was easy as I remember it🤔Well in my opinion and the opinion of my clsssmstes. I legit think I only got one question wrong.

Non calculator was a bit trickier.
Just look at the damn past example paper lololol.
You know it's available for free on the edexcel website?
Reply 9
For Maths its best to revise everything as over the 2 papers (old spec) virtually all the content will be examined.

If your not an A/A* star student and believe you are weak on a topic say "completing the square" then at this stage it maybe best

to admit defeat and leave it out in the exam . For now consolidate all your maths and basic principles like indices fractions long division etc..

Second guessing whats going to come up this Thursday in my opinion is not a good technique for revision.

But remember certain questions which involve the use of a calculator can not be tested this week an example of could be TOACAHSOH

But you maybe ask to give values of TAN/COS/SIN using graphs.. Hence... try and not second guess..

Finally show clear working(s) out to obtain method marks whilst looking at the marks allocated for each question

Good luck ...

Quick Reply

Latest