The Student Room Group

Let him down nicely...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bham369
It's what I have been trying to work out!
It's fine. I'll get over him! :smile:

That is the spirit, good for you girl:smile:
Reply 61
Original post by adorable16
That is the spirit, good for you girl:smile:

LOL thanks let's hope it doesn't take too long!
Original post by Bham369
LOL thanks let's hope it doesn't take too long!

It will not hopefully, be happy:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by adorable16
It will not hopefully, be happy:smile:

Thanks xxx
I've been asked out many times but I keep reminding them that I'm a Muslim and it usually works.

jk i've never been asked out LOL thank god but still
Reply 65
Original post by Tubbz
I think you've used "date" wrong, which is what's thrown this off a bit.

If you like him and he likes you, there's nothing wrong with having a drink and seeing where it goes.

You don't have to see each other exclusively to go out on dates.

Well we climb together so we do talk a lot and both enjoy adventurous things...
Reply 66
Original post by StriderHort
I always thought going on a date/dating someone WAS the initial 'getting to know someone i MIGHT be interested' phase before anything like relationships/boyfriend/girlfriend whatever took place, words are complicated :P

Right now we are just friends. Nothing more
Reply 67
Original post by Philip-flop
That's the whole point of dating. You're both "testing the water" to see whether you like each other from your initial interest!!!! If you don't like each other then you stop dating and move on. What is all the fuss about seriously? By the sounds of things you don't even have any initial interest in him so just don't even bother dating, just call it off so there isn't any wasted effort!

We are interested in each other he if just more interested in me than I am in him!
Original post by Bham369

WE GET IT!! We know you're just friends! We're telling you the whole reason of dating is to test whether you're compatible/attracted/interested in each other to progress to an actual relationship.

Original post by Bham369
We are interested in each other he if just more interested in me than I am in him!

Seriously, if you're not even that interested in him just tell him and move on. No point wasting his time, your time, and people on TSR's time. You're just going round in circles, just make up you're own mind and/or stop being too picky of what you expect as your ideal guy.
Original post by Bham369
Thanks xxx

you are most welcome:smile:
Reply 70
Original post by Bham369

If that's the case, then go out for a drink with him, see how you actually feel about him.
Reply 71
Original post by Tubbz
If that's the case, then go out for a drink with him, see how you actually feel about him.

Did that. I spend pretty much the entire weekend with him...

He said he understands my reasons for saying no and he gets the fact that I want to get to know him a bit more. But he doesn't like the fact that I am still getting over someone...
Reply 72
Original post by Bham369
Did that. I spend pretty much the entire weekend with him...

He said he understands my reasons for saying no and he gets the fact that I want to get to know him a bit more. But he doesn't like the fact that I am still getting over someone...

Now he's creating his own problems. You've done your bit.
Reply 73
Original post by Tubbz
Now he's creating his own problems. You've done your bit.

Well that is what I told him. That it was one of the reasons for saying no. Because I don't want to play him but apparently I was being selfish and immature...
Reply 74
Original post by Bham369
Well that is what I told him. That it was one of the reasons for saying no. Because I don't want to play him but apparently I was being selfish and immature...

He sounds like he's being petulant. He's not getting what he wants, so he's putting you down.

Leave him to it.
Reply 75
Original post by Tubbz
He sounds like he's being petulant. He's not getting what he wants, so he's putting you down.

Leave him to it.

Hm OK thanks...

Quick Reply

Latest