The Student Room Group

OCR English literature paper 2017

How did you find the English literature paper? The questions I did were An Inspector Calls and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 19farahm
How did you find the English literature paper? The questions I did were An Inspector Calls and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

same, I thought it was alright actually:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Simselene
same, I thought it was alright actually:smile:

What did you think of extract 2?
Reply 3
What did you think of extract 2?

I thought it was alright but I thought the comparison question for Inspector Calls was quite hard cause they barely gave us anything.
What do you think about grade boundaries?
Original post by dx31
I thought it was alright but I thought the comparison question for Inspector Calls was quite hard cause they barely gave us anything.

Yeah that's true
I found the comparison question tricky, but the 40 marker for jekyll and hyde was ok but i don't know if i rlly answered the question properly as i tried to get everything down.. What did you answer for part B for an inspector calls where it asked something like "Describe another difficult relationship in the play"
Reply 6
Original post by tanisha04
I found the comparison question tricky, but the 40 marker for jekyll and hyde was ok but i don't know if i rlly answered the question properly as i tried to get everything down.. What did you answer for part B for an inspector calls where it asked something like "Describe another difficult relationship in the play"

I wrote about Eric and Eva's relationship. I wrote about 5 paragraphs , one paragraph about the background of the situation and linked to the context.
Another paragraph I think was about how his parents reacted to eva & Eric's relationship. For example like quotes like " I am blame the father of this child, he should be made an example of" and "So, you had to go bed with her".
I think another paragraph was on how Eric thought of the situation and his emotion during the diffuilt relationship.
I don't remember what I wrote about my fourth paragraph.
Then in.my conclusion addressed in at her quote but I don't remember.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by dx31

I don't know I think the grade boundaries could quite high, since some of my friends found it quite easy. What you think the grade boundaries will be? I had manged to finish on time but I did struggle with the timing.
Reply 8
I don't know I think the grade boundaries could quite high, since some of my friends found it quite easy. What you think the grade boundaries will be? I had manged to finish on time but I did struggle with the timing.

Idk about grade boundaries. Has your teacher told you anything about them? like what they could be?
I did the exact same 2 books as you. For the other moment question i did Eric's relationship with Mr and Mrs Birling near the end of the play. I found the paper pretty hard in general and confusing with the weird story about Di Viv and Rose. All in all I'm aiming for a level7 but not sure if i would've quite reached it, but im hoping to bring it up to a 7 in the next paper on Friday. :smile:
What poetry cluster are you guys studying?
Has anyone got the actual paper? If anyone has paper, could you PLEASE attach it in this thread as it will help all those who will be sitting these PAINFUL exams next year! :')
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
What poetry cluster are you guys studying?

OCR's poetry book called "Towards A World Unknown". In that book i am studying conflict poems. I am studying Macbeth!! What shakespeare text are you guys studying?
Reply 13
Original post by Skyblue.Salma
Has anyone got the actual paper? If anyone has paper, could you PLEASE attach it in this thread as it will help all those who will be sitting these PAINFUL exams next year! :':wink:

I am sorry we are not allowed to take the paper out of room. But i can tell the questions. I will private message you the questions that we had
Reply 14
Original post by jimsterjam
I did the exact same 2 books as you. For the other moment question i did Eric's relationship with Mr and Mrs Birling near the end of the play. I found the paper pretty hard in general and confusing with the weird story about Di Viv and Rose. All in all I'm aiming for a level7 but not sure if i would've quite reached it, but im hoping to bring it up to a 7 in the next paper on Friday. :smile:

Good Luck, I am sure that you will do well
Reply 15
Original post by dx31
Idk about grade boundaries. Has your teacher told you anything about them? like what they could be?

Sorry i don't know what the grade boundaries will be or neither does my teacher.
OCR's poetry book called "Towards A World Unknown". In that book i am studying conflict poems. I am studying Macbeth!! What shakespeare text are you guys studying?

I'm doing macbeth too and the conflict cluster tomorrow? have you learnt all the poems???
Reply 17
I'm doing macbeth too and the conflict cluster tomorrow? have you learnt all the poems???

No i have learnt quotes from the poems and i have analysed the poems.
Reply 18
No i have learnt quotes from the poems and i have analysed the poems.

How did you find it? THe love and relationships poems were so hard to compare :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by dx31
How did you find it? THe love and relationships poems were so hard to compare :frown:

I had a conflict poems to compare, my comparison my poems wer quite okay

Quick Reply