The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A-Level Music Wider listening suggestions before Monday 22nd

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is anyone on here studying the new Edexcel AS Music course and is interested in exchanging suggestions for wider listening if they need more before the exam on Monday.
Original post by T.Wilson
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is anyone on here studying the new Edexcel AS Music course and is interested in exchanging suggestions for wider listening if they need more before the exam on Monday.

Batman returns: Bernard Hermann's "Pyscho"
The duchess: John Williams 'Schindlers list"
Schuman: Schubert "Piano trio in Bb major"
Courtney Pine: Miles Davis "Everything's beautiful"
Kate Bush: Tori Amos
Debussy: Hovhaness "Fantasy on japanese wood prints"
The ones I'd use.. I'm so gonna flop the exam tomorrow i've hardly revised!
Reply 2
Original post by stanleyoldfield
Batman returns: Bernard Hermann's "Pyscho"
The duchess: John Williams 'Schindlers list"
Schuman: Schubert "Piano trio in Bb major"
Courtney Pine: Miles Davis "Everything's beautiful"
Kate Bush: Tori Amos
Debussy: Hovhaness "Fantasy on japanese wood prints"
The ones I'd use.. I'm so gonna flop the exam tomorrow i've hardly revised!

Don't worry, you have A2 and that is the same works plus six more!
Those look great as well, there's fantasia by Stravinsky, quite fun going through the score. Plus a bit of Beatles and you get to do Psycho for film music.
Hi all,

I hope you aced your exam today :smile: Have you thought about the next step in your musical studies?

Echo Factory in Leicester offers BA(Hons) Contemporary Music Performance and BA (Hons) Music Business courses. Our bespoke, flexible degrees run by industry professionals feature loads of 1:1 tuition and really help prepare you for a career in the competitive music world.

You can check out our website here: http://www.echofactory.co.uk/

In the meantime, do feel free to give me a shout to find out more.

Best wishes and good luck with your exams!

Alex
Echo Factory
Reply 4
Don't worry, you have A2 and that is the same works plus six more!
Those look great as well, there's fantasia by Stravinsky, quite fun going through the score. Plus a bit of Beatles and you get to do Psycho for film music.

How did it go?

I loved the paper pretty much, loved that question 5

I hope you did well too, you'll probably have been able to incorporate all of that plus what you remember because it was a great paper pretty much.

You probably don't more suggestions for A2 but I can give you tons if you need it.
How did it go?

I loved the paper pretty much, loved that question 5

I hope you did well too, you'll probably have been able to incorporate all of that plus what you remember because it was a great paper pretty much.

You probably don't more suggestions for A2 but I can give you tons if you need it.

Can you remember what the essay questions were?? I've completely forgot and trying to write all the possible questions that have ever come up for revision for next year but can't remember what they were. : / xx
Reply 6
Original post by naomi2121
Can you remember what the essay questions were?? I've completely forgot and trying to write all the possible questions that have ever come up for revision for next year but can't remember what they were. : / xx

1) Vivaldi, discuss melody and harmony
2) Batman, batman and penguin's themes and development of these in selected cues
3) sonority in saariaho
Reply 7
see the thread for directory

Quick Reply

Latest