The Student Room Group

Igcse geography aqa 2017

What did everyone think of the paper, I found it really difficult! Any thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by livvj
What did everyone think of the paper, I found it really difficult! Any thoughts?

I found it quite difficult too! Which sections did you? I did Coasts and Plate tectonics. I found the case study questions ok(ish) but I felt like they were trying to throw me off and catch me out on all the other questions. Definitely harder than usual. I reckon the A* grade boundary will be 38/39.
Original post by WillR123
I found it quite difficult too! Which sections did you? I did Coasts and Plate tectonics. I found the case study questions ok(ish) but I felt like they were trying to throw me off and catch me out on all the other questions. Definitely harder than usual. I reckon the A* grade boundary will be 38/39.

38/39 out of 75??
Original post by jogman5364
38/39 out of 75??

No, paper 1 and 2 are both out of 50, not 75. So 38/50 for that paper. I don't know what the overall grade boundary will be though as we haven't even done paper 2 or 3.
Reply 5
Original post by WillR123
No, paper 1 and 2 are both out of 50, not 75. So 38/50 for that paper. I don't know what the overall grade boundary will be though as we haven't even done paper 2 or 3.

i did ecosystems and restless earth, which was so annoying with the case studies because i ran out of time for the 8 marker on deserts:frown:. I feel like the grade boundaries will be around 35/36 mainly judging from what everyone has said now and also looking back at past papers as it was a lot more challenging than last years?
How's it out of 50 I'm so confused I did three sections worth 25 each 🤔
Reply 7
I did coasts and rivers and found that the 4 marker on salt marshes hard, any thoughts?
Original post by Didierdrogba23
How's it out of 50 I'm so confused I did three sections worth 25 each 🤔

You realise that your only suppose to do 2 sections!

How did you even complete 75 worth of marks in 60 minutes
Original post by Rosco270
I did coasts and rivers and found that the 4 marker on salt marshes hard, any thoughts?

What did you get on that as I too found it quite dificult
Reply 10
Original post by Sir_Muktadir
What did you get on that as I too found it quite dificult

I used Keyhaven salt marshes but didn't really know how it's been developed so just listed some vegetation and wildlife that's there haha
Original post by Sir_Muktadir
You realise that your only suppose to do 2 sections!

How did you even complete 75 worth of marks in 60 minutes

Soz I realised I did gcse not igcse 😂
Reply 12
oh i did sand dunes and i talked about vegetation successions, types of dunes and how the fertility of the sand/soil changes going further inland etc but omg i forgot to name a case study for the 8 marker XD how many marks max can i still get :3
Reply 13
for anyone who did rivers what were the two points for how the river's load changes during times of high rainfall??
Reply 14
Original post by smr69
for anyone who did rivers what were the two points for how the river's load changes during times of high rainfall??

Wasn't sure I put more large rocks and more tiny rocks as they collide more during a storm
Reply 15
Original post by smr69
oh i did sand dunes and i talked about vegetation successions, types of dunes and how the fertility of the sand/soil changes going further inland etc but omg i forgot to name a case study for the 8 marker XD how many marks max can i still get :3

Was that the 8 marker on the effects of coastal erosion? I used holderness coast in Yorkshire but was quite close for time so didn't check any of the questions
Reply 16
ye it was the holderness coast but i didn't read the part where it said to also use a case study :frown:
Was that the 8 marker on the effects of coastal erosion? I used holderness coast in Yorkshire but was quite close for time so didn't check any of the questions

I used Holbeck Hall but my friends are saying that they used Holderness so I'm a bit anxious
Original post by smr69

I did the total amount of load gets bigger and the size of that load gets bigger too
Predictions for paper 2??? For Population i am predicting the 8 marker on transmigration or migration, and for urbanisation i am predicting something on sustainable cities.. Let me know what u guys thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending