The Student Room Group

National 5 Biology 2016/17

Who else is doing National 5 Biology this year? I haven't seen any threads for any National 5 subjects for this year (I'll also be making ones for other subjects) Hopefully this thread will give us somewhere to ask each other questions and discuss the course, prelims and exam etc.

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I've saw that nobody has posted on this thread yet.

I'm not doing National 5 however I am sitting Advanced Higher at the moment and look forward to answering any questions people have :smile:
I'm doing National 5 Biology this year :smile:
I'm doing it! Haven't started revising for it yet but feel very confident as my teacher is amazing.
How does everyone feel about the exam? I haven't actually started revising yet but it is my last one and i have a week of no exams before it so should have enough time!
Original post by Sarahlee22
How does everyone feel about the exam? I haven't actually started revising yet but it is my last one and i have a week of no exams before it so should have enough time!

I'm vey much the same! I've had a week and a bit without any exams, so i left Biology revision until now! How are you feeling for it? I'm pretty nervous
Original post by Jasmine14
I'm vey much the same! I've had a week and a bit without any exams, so i left Biology revision until now! How are you feeling for it? I'm pretty nervous

Im kinda regretting leaving it now but it should be okay... 😂
Original post by Sarahlee22
Im kinda regretting leaving it now but it should be okay... 😂

There's so much to remember!!
Reply 8
Can anybody give me advice on how best to take in all the biology info
Original post by LJANE29
Can anybody give me advice on how best to take in all the biology info

write down notes and review flashcards. As well as practicing past papers but revising the course and topics is better than just doing past papers because past papers only have a selection of the course and maybe the selection they choose this year you haven't really revised for so make sure to review the topics thoroughly
Can someone please explain to me the whole producing new cells unit I. Have looked st sm sources nd I reslly can the seem to grasp it
Reply 11
Meeee. Revising for it right now actually 🙈
Can someone pls explain for the function of haemoglobin actually is?
Reply 13
It basically carries oxygen in the form of oxyhaemoglobin i think.
Reply 14
Original post by Islabella.nis21
Can someone pls explain for the function of haemoglobin actually is?

Yeah, so it carries oxygen from the lungs to the body cells in the form of oxyhaemoglobin
Hope that helps. Good luck for tomorrow X
Reply 15
Can someone please help me with sensory, motor and relay neurons?
Original post by Maryamsi
Can someone please help me with sensory, motor and relay neurons?

sensory neurons obtain the electrical impusles by the receptor stimuli and sends this impulse to the relay neuron (in CNS). Then the impulse goes from the relay neuron to the motor neuron and finally the motor neuron takes the impulse and sends it to the effector (muscle) which performs the action or effect.
Reply 17
Original post by YasserTron
sensory neurons obtain the electrical impusles by the receptor stimuli and sends this impulse to the relay neuron (in CNS). Then the impulse goes from the relay neuron to the motor neuron and finally the motor neuron takes the impulse and sends it to the effector (muscle) which performs the action or effect.

Thanks
Reply 18
How did people find the exam?
Original post by Sc49494
How did people find the exam?

Not great!! Too much of unit 3 and where was all the systems! Multiple choice was hard I thought

Quick Reply

Latest