The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Entry requirements for Brunel University...STRICT???

I want to study Business Management and Marketing (with placement year) at Brunel University. The required grades are BBB, but I don't feel as if I am going to get those grades..

I was wondering if anyone knew if Brunel are strict when it comes to some grades being slightly lower... They did accept me knowing that my predicted grades are CCC so i'm not sure..

Someone please help :smile:
When is the grade requirement for your course? I'm guessing they gave you a conditional offer on those grades so I don't believe they will let you get much lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
It depends on the university and the course you apply for, if you apply through UCAS and you dont get the grades you need you can go through clearing to get a place as the universities will usually be more lenient with requirements during clearing if they have spaces on the course you want to do
Original post by Lmacwilliam
When is the grade requirement for your course? I'm guessing they gave you a conditional offer on those grades so I don't believe they will let you get much lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But why would they accept me and give me a conditional offer of 3 B's when my predicted grades are 3 C's
Original post by pete_comp
It depends on the university and the course you apply for, if you apply through UCAS and you dont get the grades you need you can go through clearing to get a place as the universities will usually be more lenient with requirements during clearing if they have spaces on the course you want to do

Yeah that's true but I want to go this university. If i don't get the grades I need to be accepted, I'm not going to uni. Its either Brunel or an apprenticeship.
Original post by Xo_ltm
But why would they accept me and give me a conditional offer of 3 B's when my predicted grades are 3 C's

Brunel do offer a foundation year with most courses which is a lower entry requirement I would advise calling or emailing to discuss that as an opportunity in case/if you don't meet the grades
Reply 6
Original post by niteninja1
Brunel do offer a foundation year with most courses which is a lower entry requirement I would advise calling or emailing to discuss that as an opportunity in case/if you don't meet the grades

Sorry to contradict, Brunel only have two foundation courses and are opening a third: Engineering and Maths/Comp Sci, and Economics respectively.

It is possible to be let in with CCC, depending on how many spaces available on the course. Only the tutor will know this. It's no guarantee of a place, but it's a possibility.

Hope this helps.
Hi I am planning to do a-level psychology and I want to go to Brunel university since I am hoping to be a clinical psychologist but I don’t know the entry requirements is for psychology? I can’t seem to find it in the website? Someone help please appreciate

Oh and also is it fine to do English literature, psychology and sociology for A-level to be a clinical psychologist? Isn’t science a have to?
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi I'm currently doing my first year in Brunel and I take Accounting and Finance and my entry requirements was also BBB and I got BCC in a levels. If that helps at all x
Anyone can share info about OT program? I want to apply to Brunel but don't know details. I would be international student from US.
Reply 10
Original post by negatron
Hi I'm currently doing my first year in Brunel and I take Accounting and Finance and my entry requirements was also BBB and I got BCC in a levels. If that helps at all x

So you went through clearing and they still let you in?
Reply 11
Hi everyone, I am currently doing Access Course in computing. Brunel made me a conditional offer as Pass the course with 45 Merit and GCSE Maths Grade 4 or C but today I missed the GCSE Maths Paper 3, and I am really worried about that. Paper one and Paper two were good, and I might get about 120 marks, but I am still worried. By the way, I have 45 Distinctions which is equivalent to 144 UCAS points, but what I know Brunel doesn't accept UCAS tariff. What happens if I don't meet the entry requirements, any experience with Brunel? Thank you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Haytch7
So you went through clearing and they still let you in?

I didn't go through clearing. Brunel was my second choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending