The Student Room Group

AQA media exam Gameshows

Can anyone help me with a good example of a pitch or tell me what it needs to include or how to be structured?
Reply 1
I hope I'm not too late writing this!! My class has this booklet created by my exam board with an example of a Pitch: "Pointless, the new TV game show where the goal is to score less! 100 people have given their answer, it us up to you to come up with the answer they didn't think of! Introducing Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman as the game show host duo, Pointless features four pairs of contestants, who battle through different categories to reach the 'head ot head' and then to the final, to be the pair with the least points and win an accumulating cash prize if they can get a pointless score! Pointless, the only game show where the goal is to be pointless!."

Based on this example, I would structure mine like this:

- One sentence to summarize your gameshow. It'd be good to include your USP (Unique Selling Point) if you have one here.
- Introduce your (hosts), and 'hype' them up a bit.
- Further explain your gameshow but BRIEFLY.
- Summary sentence which is basically rephrasing your first sentence, but also highlights your USP again.

Good luck with the exam by the way, I hope that helps! :':wink:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Kellyyy_
I hope I'm not too late writing this!! My class has this booklet created by my exam board with an example of a Pitch: "Pointless, the new TV game show where the goal is to score less! 100 people have given their answer, it us up to you to come up with the answer they didn't think of! Introducing Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman as the game show host duo, Pointless features four pairs of contestants, who battle through different categories to reach the 'head ot head' and then to the final, to be the pair with the least points and win an accumulating cash prize if they can get a pointless score! Pointless, the only game show where the goal is to be pointless!."

Based on this exam, I would structure mine like this:

- One sentence to summarize your gameshow. It'd be good to include your USP (Unique Selling Point) if you have one here.
- Introduce your (hosts), and 'hype' them up a bit.
- Further explain your gameshow but BRIEFLY.
- Summary sentence which is basically rephrasing your first sentence, but also highlights your USP again.

Good luck with the exam by the way, I hope that helps! :':wink:

Thankyou so much 😊😊😊
Reply 3
Original post by cc33xx
Thankyou so much 😊😊😊

You're welcome! I also forgot to mention that your pitch should always be 100 words or less. Keep it short and snappy, include persuasive language, and hype it up as much as you can. :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending