The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature Love& Relationship cluster and An Inspector Calls

Everyone's threads are getting confusing as everyone saying different things.

Any predictions specifically on an inspector calls or love and relationship cluster comment below

We can all put out ideas together before Friday's exam

Good Luck Everyone, wishing you all the best X
I'm hoping the poem isn't Singh song
I'm more confident with poems and an inspector calls than Frankenstein and Macbeth. I predict something like Walking Away or they might be a bit cheeky (because it's AQA) and add in Singh Song. If anyone needs some help Mr Bruff does amazing english literature and language videos on Youtube, especially for poetry.

Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by flowerssxx
I'm hoping the poem isn't Singh song

same i know very little, unsure of what to analyse.
what do you think could come up
Reply 4
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
I'm more confident with poems and an inspector calls than Frankenstein and Macbeth. I predict something like Walking Away or they might be a bit cheeky (because it's AQA) and add in Singh Song. If anyone needs some help Mr Bruff does amazing english literature and language videos on Youtube, especially for poetry.

Good luck everyone! :smile:

how do you use mr bruffs videos.
can you help me with which can be compared with lots of poems and what do you think the question will be for an inspector calls?
Thankyou for your help, goo luck to you to :smile:
Original post by help-2017
can you help me with which can be compared with lots of poems and what do you think the question will be for an inspector calls?

Whilst watching them just take notes of his analysis and what he says about the poem, that's it really. If you need help with comparison of poems you can watch Mr Bruff's video where he says which poem compares best with which or just look on BBC Bitesize they often have a suggestion of which poem is best with that particular one with bullet points of similarities and differences.
Well the specimen for an inpector calls was: "How does Sheila change?" and "How does Priestley explore responsibility?"
So, I doubt it would be about Sheila's change, or anything about Sheila whatsoever. Responsibility is a bit of a blurry one, because that links in with everything anyway. I'm guessing it will be on Generations or Capitalism.

For poetry it was parental relationships and Follower. So, I doubt it will be on anything to do with parental relationships (Mother any Distance/walking away/Eden Rock/Climbing my Grandfather/Before you were mine). So that leaves the rest of the poems, about unconventional love, negative love, and positive love - which one specifically, I have no clue. None of them jump out as especially 'unaccessible' so expect anything.
Original post by help-2017

I make notes and then try to memorise as much as I can. My notes are basically a summary of the poem, key quotes with analysis and then some poems I could compare to with how I can compare it to them. The poems I remember off the top of my head are: Walking Away with Winter Swans, Porphyria's Lover with The Farmer's Bride. But yeah do look at Mr Bruff's comparison video, it should be helpful.
Reply 8
what was inspector calls question just for futuher revision ? xoxox

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending