The Student Room Group

OCR English Literature AS 2017

I am studying: The Great Gatsby, A Streetcar Named Desire, Coleridge poems and The Tempest.

please leave below revision tips//any predictions you may have for any of the texts. (These are for the 19th and 24th of May 2017 examinations)
Reply 1
First english exam tomorrow... Im doing The Tempest and Paradise lost, any predictions for The Tempest?
Having read the sample papers, I believe Stanley as a character will not come up or is very unlikely to, moreover illusion was also referenced so that wont come up either, i'd suggest some meaty quotes and a few stage directions, id have a few critical interps up my sleeve as well,Great Gatsby probably wont feature hedonism so i'd revise tension/ deception facade, perhaps loneliness. Lots of flowery quotes would be good to analyse.
Original post by schmiller
Having read the sample papers, I believe Stanley as a character will not come up or is very unlikely to, moreover illusion was also referenced so that wont come up either, i'd suggest some meaty quotes and a few stage directions, id have a few critical interps up my sleeve as well,Great Gatsby probably wont feature hedonism so i'd revise tension/ deception facade, perhaps loneliness. Lots of flowery quotes would be good to analyse.

What's the tension deception facade??
Original post by em.101
What's the tension deception facade??

Sorry I mean that tension, deception and facade as themes,
For example the theme of tention throughout 'TGG' can be seen with the frequent reference to heating in chapter seven
With facade you could talk about Gatsby holding thses parties which presents a persona of a man with many friends and ease in social situations where in actual fact Gatsby is lonely. Hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending