The Student Room Group

Please help! International student and Exam boards

I am an international student studying for A levels.(International versions). Two exam boards; Cambridge(CIE) and Edexcel, are available in my country. I am currently studying 4 subjects.
Mathematics( Edexcel)
Economics(Edexcel)
Business(Cambridge)
History(Cambridge)
Do universities accept international students who hold A levels qualifications from different exam boards?

Note: I wish I can study for just one exam board(Edexcel), but my Business and History tutors are not familiar with Cambridge exam board.
Please help
Original post by Thar Lun Naing
I am an international student studying for A levels.(International versions). Two exam boards; Cambridge(CIE) and Edexcel, are available in my country. I am currently studying 4 subjects.
Mathematics( Edexcel)
Economics(Edexcel)
Business(Cambridge)
History(Cambridge)
Do universities accept international students who hold A levels qualifications from different exam boards?
x
Note: I wish I can study for just one exam board(Edexcel), but my Business and History tutors are not familiar with Cambridge exam board.
Please help

Hey, I did the international Edexcel and Cambridge exams and got offers from all my UCAS choices, so no it does not matter that you are mixing and matching. Hope all goes well for you :smile:
Original post by Thar Lun Naing
Mathematics( Edexcel)
Economics(Edexcel)
Business(Cambridge)
History(Cambridge)

Please help

If you are applying to a UK university then yes that's fine.

In some other countries, international qualifications such as A levels have to be officially recognised for university entrance. If applying to a university that is outside of the UK you should contact the university for advice
Reply 3
Original post by littleswany
Hey, I did the international Edexcel and Cambridge exams and got offers from all my UCAS choices, so no it does not matter that you are mixing and matching. Hope all goes well for you :smile:

Hey, what were your international edexcel subjects? I'm having a very hard time finding a textbook for economics edexcel IAL :frown: is it the same for other edexcel IALs?

Quick Reply

Latest