The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 01 - 23rd of May 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shahida sulaiman
What did u do?

an inverse curve.. i think i wrote all the explanations wrong.. :/ what did u guys write for the 6 mark velocity thingy?
Original post by zooshan
and unit four and five.. sigh

Original post by Droneon
I really don't remember any more mcqs. I drew a straight line sloping downwards. I guess it could also be a curve, but what's essential is for it to slope downwards,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made the graph like that :
http://zonalandeducation.com/mstm/physics/mechanics/forces/inverseProportion/graph/inverseAB.html
Original post by Droneon
No you're right. I was basically talking about the inverse graph that curves and slopes downwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

as long as i get an A.. its a resit paper for me..
Original post by zooshan
an inverse curve.. i think i wrote all the explanations wrong.. :/ what did u guys write for the 6 mark velocity thingy?

WHAT??? what 65 mark? If ur talking about the car one , I only remember my value to be really small , idk if its correct :/
Original post by zooshan
as long as i get an A.. its a resit paper for me..

B is cool too and if u do good in other units u can defo get an A :smile:
btw , from which country r u giving exam from?
I m just curious , u dont have to tell if u dont want to :tongue:
WHAT??? what 65 mark? If ur talking about the car one , I only remember my value to be really small , idk if its correct :/

that was a typo.. i meant 6.. the vaccum and oil velocity?

No yo, that's the one about the sphere in the vacuum and in the oil

Posted from TSR Mobile
B is cool too and if u do good in other units u can defo get an A :smile:
btw , from which country r u giving exam from?
I m just curious , u dont have to tell if u dont want to :tongue:

u can just check my profile :P
Maldives.. hbu?
its already 1 am here..
Original post by zooshan
that was a typo.. i meant 6.. the vaccum and oil velocity?

Oh sorry I thought u meant the car one , U r talking about terminal velocity yeah? I just described the cylinder with two rubber bands and all that , like u drop the ball and assume the terminal velocity is reached at the rubber band then record time and measuring stuff I think and then substituting in the equation or formula of terminal velocity . Dont really know if correct :/
Original post by Droneon
No yo, that's the one about the sphere in the vacuum and in the oil

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah lol figured it out later :biggrin:
Original post by zooshan
u can just check my profile :P
Maldives.. hbu?
its already 1 am here..

Qatar :tongue:
Oh sorry I thought u meant the car one , U r talking about terminal velocity yeah? I just described the cylinder with two rubber bands and all that , like u drop the ball and assume the terminal velocity is reached at the rubber band then record time and measuring stuff I think and then substituting in the equation or formula of terminal velocity . Dont really know if correct :/

nope not that question... the graph one.. with the sphere falling through vacuum and oil.. that remids me.. the car crossed the speed limit?
Qatar :tongue:

woah.. so far away.. :P
Original post by zooshan
nope not that question... the graph one.. with the sphere falling through vacuum and oil.. that remids me.. the car crossed the speed limit?

What? Oh yeah wait yeah yeah I remember . I just wrote that there was no drag force or forc opposing the sphere in vacuum so it didnt reach its teminal velocity and thus acceleration went on increasing while referring to the graph, then I mentioned about the oil that how it is more viscous and has high resistance so the sphere reached its terminal velocity very fast and that also I referred to the graph showing constant velocity with no acceleration
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zooshan
woah.. so far away.. :P

Lol not really , most of the people here in this thread r giving from mostly middle eastern countries :giggle:
Original post by zooshan

I wrote no for the car one cuz my value was no where near 50km/h
Lol not really , most of the people here in this thread r giving from mostly middle eastern countries :giggle:

its far away for me LOL.. Maldives is one of the smallest countries,.. everything seems enlarged wen u live here :P
Original post by zooshan
its far away for me LOL.. Maldives is one of the smallest countries,.. everything seems enlarged wen u live here :P

Oh lol yeah ur right I guess :tongue:
I wrote no for the car one cuz my value was no where near 50km/h

damn... i got 50 something...
sigh.. so done with this paper.. i should have just left the thing with a B.. no hopes of A..
Oh lol yeah ur right I guess :tongue:

hehe.. 30-40 mins to walk around the capital city :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending