The Student Room Group

AQA AS History Cold War 2R 23rd May 2017

Anyone got any predictions on questions yet? How's everyone feeling about it hahaha
Got no predictions apart from Cuba...have you got anything?
Reply 2
same!! someone told me their teacher said cuba/origins of cold war

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by edat
same!! someone told me their teacher said cuba/origins of cold war

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think it might be korea ? Nothings on that has come up nor has Vietnam
Reply 4
korea came up last year i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg guys! How was it?! I really liked the paper and snwered the one on the Grand alliance. How was it for you guys??
Bloody hell what an easy paper. Not sure about the source question, but definitely 20+ on the essay question. What did you write for your answer @bigeyeshijabi ?
Hey guys do you remember what the questions were about? I'm in year 13 and it would be useful to see which topics came up :smile:
Original post by CPBButcher
Hey guys do you remember what the questions were about? I'm in year 13 and it would be useful to see which topics came up :smile:

Hey! The source question was about the berlin wall/crisis.
The 20 marker was about the grand alliance tensions causing conflicting ideologies
And then the other 20 marker was about failed US Containment in Asia.
Original post by Metalfros
Bloody hell what an easy paper. Not sure about the source question, but definitely 20+ on the essay question. What did you write for your answer @bigeyeshijabi ?

Well, I did the first one on the Grand alliance.
Overall i disagreed with the question and said that grand alliance tensions werent to blame for the conflicting ideologies. I talked about how it was a pragmatic alliance and was never meant to last in the first place due to conflicting ideologies already existing. Mention iron curtain speech, Kennan Long telegram. And then i also mentioned how the grand alliance seemed to be improving relations rather than causing conflict. ( the ussr recieving reparations, signing declaration of liberated europe ect.)

And then for my counter paragraph I talked about it could be argued that tensions within the grand alliance did cause conflicting ideologies. For example, secrecy between truman and hiding thr atomic bomb from Stalin. And then i also mentioned a change in leaders causing tension.
Did you get something similar? @Metalfros
Original post by bigeyeshijabi
Well, I did the first one on the Grand alliance.
Overall i disagreed with the question and said that grand alliance tensions werent to blame for the conflicting ideologies. I talked about how it was a pragmatic alliance and was never meant to last in the first place due to conflicting ideologies already existing. Mention iron curtain speech, Kennan Long telegram. And then i also mentioned how the grand alliance seemed to be improving relations rather than causing conflict. ( the ussr recieving reparations, signing declaration of liberated europe ect.)

And then for my counter paragraph I talked about it could be argued that tensions within the grand alliance did cause conflicting ideologies. For example, secrecy between truman and hiding thr atomic bomb from Stalin. And then i also mentioned a change in leaders causing tension.
Did you get something similar? @Metalfros

At least I understood the question a bit differently; don't know who is wrong. Anyway, I thought the question was about the tensions within the Grand Alliance. I agreed with the reason they gave and used all the evidence you used + some more and explained how everything linked back to conflicting ideologies e.g. Soviet expansion due to Stalin's fear for Capitalist Imperialism

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending