The Student Room Group

Can you pass A-levels with 2 weeks revision

So I've been revising for retakes which hasn't really given me much time to revise for my other subjects since I started so late leaving me with only 2 weeks to revise my other subjects, can I still get good grades as in at least a C maybe even a B
What subjects? How well do you know them?
If you really go for it it should be possible providing you revise in the right way. There's probably videos on youtube for your exams. Watch them, make notes, then make flashcards using flashcard software.
Original post by Attempting101
So I've been revising for retakes which hasn't really given me much time to revise for my other subjects since I started so late leaving me with only 2 weeks to revise my other subjects, can I still get good grades as in at least a C maybe even a B

what subjects are you taking? my advice is to do loads of past papers to understand the sorts of things that examiners look for xx
Original post by Queenie123
what subjects are you taking? my advice is to do loads of past papers to understand the sorts of things that examiners look for xx

Philosophy and ethics, Spanish, psychology. I know doing past papers is meant to be helpful but I don't know I'd it would waste time for me, only because I don't actually know the content
Original post by RuneFreeze
What subjects? How well do you know them?
If you really go for it it should be possible providing you revise in the right way. There's probably videos on youtube for your exams. Watch them, make notes, then make flashcards using flashcard software.

Philosophy and ethics is the worst I literally don't know anything and I find it so hard to understand. I've tried to make notes but gave up and it was taking too long as it's such a heavy subject. Would it be efficient to just read over the next book? I might try again and do really short hand notes but it depends how long I take
Also how many hours should I be doing a day.
If you don't know the content, you're not revising anything are you, you're learning it on the spot. It is going to be gruelling.
Also how many hours should I be doing a day.

Spanish? If you don't know the language well at this point (or at all) then I'd write it off to be honest.
At this point you should be thinking more in terms of how many hours of rest as opposed to how many hours of revision.
Original post by RuneFreeze
Spanish? If you don't know the language well at this point (or at all) then I'd write it off to be honest.
At this point you should be thinking more in terms of how many hours of rest as opposed to how many hours of revision.

Spanish isn't too much of a problem its the one I'm least worried about as I can do past papers without really learning the content it's the others which are a BIG problem
Spanish isn't too much of a problem its the one I'm least worried about as I can do past papers without really learning the content it's the others which are a BIG problem

What do you want me to say... just do loads of work
Philosophy and ethics is the worst I literally don't know anything and I find it so hard to understand. I've tried to make notes but gave up and it was taking too long as it's such a heavy subject. Would it be efficient to just read over the next book? I might try again and do really short hand notes but it depends how long I take

I have the exact same problem with sociology but i find that I'm remembering the structure of CGP revision guide like the headings of a page and they act as triggers so i can remember things. My plan is to highlight the book a week before the exam and go over it the night before in hopes that the structure will be imprinted in my memory - if that is any help!
Original post by Rigby16
I have the exact same problem with sociology but i find that I'm remembering the structure of CGP revision guide like the headings of a page and they act as triggers so i can remember things. My plan is to highlight the book a week before the exam and go over it the night before in hopes that the structure will be imprinted in my memory - if that is any help!

Yeah I might try writing down the headings see if that works because that won't be as time consuming. I'll also end up highlighting about a week before but leaving it till the night before does not work for me so I can't let that happen again
Reply 12

I'm in the exact same position, I'm doing the new A level so we don't even have any past papers. I also try writing notes but I feel like I'm just revising points off a page instead of understanding the subject!
Original post by Oshu
I'm in the exact same position, I'm doing the new A level so we don't even have any past papers. I also try writing notes but I feel like I'm just revising points off a page instead of understanding the subject!

Exactly! It's not a subject where you can just copy and paste things from the text book into your essay you really need to understand it
Exactly! It's not a subject where you can just copy and paste things from the text book into your essay you really need to understand it

stop wasting your time and go revise. being on tsr won't benefit you when it comes to doing your exam.

Quick Reply

Latest