The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 01 - 23rd of May 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zooshan
damn... i got 50 something...
sigh.. so done with this paper.. i should have just left the thing with a B.. no hopes of A..

No then ur answer might be right cuz it is in 50's . Mine must be wrong cuz it was a really small value when I converted it in to km and hour
Do u remember how u solved the question?

Original post by zooshan
hehe.. 30-40 mins to walk around the capital city :P

WOAH!!! Thats kind of cool :laugh:
Reply 161
It was 44.76 Km/h
Original post by Vin Xi
It was 44.76 Km/h

How did u calculate it?
Original post by shahida sulaiman
No then ur answer might be right cuz it is in 50's . Mine must be wrong cuz it was a really small value when I converted it in to km and hour
Do u remember how u solved the question?

WOAH!!! Thats kind of cool :laugh:

hehe.. it is easy to travel..
i dont know if i took the length correctly.. but did u convert both km and sec to min and then to hrs?
i used v=s/t..
someone else said 44. something.. i think im wrong..
I converted everything to m/s for the car q and at the end i got that the car exceeded the speed limit
Original post by zooshan
hehe.. it is easy to travel..
i dont know if i took the length correctly.. but did u convert both km and sec to min and then to hrs?
i used v=s/t..
someone else said 44. something.. i think im wrong..

I took length as like one was I think 1.25? Idk but I multiplied that with the number of markings the car travelled and Yeah I converted everything , I got something then ten to the power of -7 , Lol I think its not correct but I still wrote that the car didnt exceed the limit
Original post by examhater44
I converted everything to m/s for the car q and at the end i got that the car exceeded the speed limit

They said according to 50km/h not m/s but dont know maybe ur right :/
I got 22. something as my velocity of the car in km/h.... Got the answer in m/s and later multiplied by 3.6 for the conversion.
Original post by Vin Xi
It was 44.76 Km/h

I got that too bruv, 44.76 Km/h :smile: you have to times the value by 3.6 to get the answer in km/h. The car did not cross the speed limit as 44.76<50 km/h.
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks:smile: no I'm not a genius and found the paper overall good with peaks of wow moments although there were some questions that tripped me up too.
Lol found out !!
@Sabz152 , Ur a genius if ur paper was amazing , congrats :hugs: .Wish I were u :ashamed:
I did like a parallelogram , Is that wrong?? :shock:

how did u draw the force vector? i mean their magnitude?
Reply 171
Original post by Droneon
We had to find the force for that cuz there was young modulus, cross sectional area and strain.
So E= F/A / strain (1)
So when we have force, we can use it to find the energy stored in one pad when compressing it, so W = 0.5Fx which you multiply by two cuz they want for two pads. And then divide that value by the value for total energy given in the ques (0.8microjoules) and multiply by 100 to get the percentage.
I got 48.6 or somewhere around that no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you soooo much!!:h:
Original post by All rounder
how did u draw the force vector? i mean their magnitude?

Like a parallelogram as I said before and then a line in the middle marking that as resultant vector
does anyone have unofficial mark shceme?
Original post by Loukas P.
does anyone have unofficial mark shceme?

nope..
Like a parallelogram as I said before and then a line in the middle marking that as resultant vector

yeah i saw that i meant to ask the scale u took?
Original post by All rounder
yeah i saw that i meant to ask the scale u took?

I dont really remember , sorry :frown: I just remember drawing a parallelogram and labeling it as they showed in the diagram I think :/ . why ?,did u do it like that ?
I dont really remember , sorry :frown: I just remember drawing a parallelogram and labeling it as they showed in the diagram I think :/ . why ?,did u do it like that ?

ohh, cux i rmmbr getting a value for the resultant as 4.5N :frown: actually i was unsure of how to draw scale diagram like do we say like 1 box=4 Newton... or like 2cm=1 newton;did the latter anyways

It wasn't like we have to draw lines according to head to tail rule and then join them !! ? Coz they didn't mentioned Compass !!
Original post by Muaaz Iqbal
It wasn't like we have to draw lines according to head to tail rule and then join them !! ? Coz they didn't mentioned Compass !!

What do u mean ?? Oh no dont tell me I did wrong :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending