The Student Room Group

Aqa ict a level as/a2 june 2017

This is a forum for all thing ICT related for AQA June 2017 both AS/A2. Any exam tips, preliminarily material advice and discussion about topics in info 1/2/3.
Reply 1
So just under 6 weeks until info 4 exam for me, feeling pretty worried since in all my mocks for info 4 I have not gotten more than a D 😔
i do ict. it's a memory test and doesn't really require you to use any technical terms. i've never scored any higher than a c and i'm taking my a level ict in less than a months time. probably going to fail lol
From your UMS from AS you can work out what grades you need this year based on previous grade boundaries.
Original post by LauraJ2012
From your UMS from AS you can work out what grades you need this year based on previous grade boundaries.

Oh great I got a D last year, any good?
Original post by Dartmoors
Oh great I got a D last year, any good?

How did you do on INFO4's coursework
Reply 6
I got 100 UMS info 1
90 UMS info 2
A* 64/70 for info 4 (I will be moderated so not sure if mark will stay same, hopefully it should)

Thus I need approx a high E/low D in info 3 to just scrape an A. I'll most likely get around a C for info 3.
Reply 7
Has anyone got any predictions for INFO 1 and INFO 2? I've got no clue what I should be focusing on
Reply 8
Original post by IAMP1
I got 100 UMS info 1
90 UMS info 2
A* 64/70 for info 4 (I will be moderated so not sure if mark will stay same, hopefully it should)

Thus I need approx a high E/low D in info 3 to just scrape an A. I'll most likely get around a C for info 3.

Have you got any tips on doing info 1 and 2?
Reply 9
Original post by Zystra
Have you got any tips on doing info 1 and 2?

past papers, past papers, past papers. Literally do every single one you can find online. After you mark each one, look at mark scheme and copy answers from there to your paper. Use the mark scheme as part of your notes. When I did info 1/2 last year the reason I got so high was beacuse of the repeated questions that came up from previous years, and beacuse I had learnt word for word the mark scheme for particular questions it was a walk in the park. This year I am almost certain more than 75% of both papers will have repeated questions. I highly recommend learning the mark scheme answers for generic and popular questions AQA use for info1/2. Good luck!
Original post by IAMP1
I got 100 UMS info 1
90 UMS info 2

Hey, what would you say is the best way to prepare for info1 and info2? peace
Reply 11
Original post by Dragon5555
Hey, what would you say is the best way to prepare for info1 and info2? peace

I already posted this, look above. Info 1 and 2 (especially info 2) is literally just a memory game. Memorise as much as you can about the diff topics and use the mark schemes in order to help you do so.

Hi, know this thread is quite old, but i was wondering if you could calculate what i would need to get in INFO 3 to get a B overall.

I got a C in Unit 2, a D in Unit 1 (but a D overall).
In INFO 4 i received 57 marks.

Thanks, its too confusing for me to work out! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by questions1234567
Hi, know this thread is quite old, but i was wondering if you could calculate what i would need to get in INFO 3 to get a B overall.

Difficult to know without your exact UMS results in AS, however I would say around a solid A to get a B overall.
Original post by questions1234567

Around 80 marks to get a B i believe

I know it's quite late to ask this....But I was quite concerned with my results I have received last week. I have got a C for ICT. however I need an A or above for the course I want to study at Uni.
I have got 63 UMS for INFO 1 (C) and 72 UMS for INFO 2 (B)... (therefore a C overall)
What marks do I roughly need to get in order to achieve grade A or above?
Reply 16
Well, it is out 320/400 to get grade A. You received 135 UMS in AS. In A2, you will need 185 UMS from info 3 and info 4.I done my AS too and received 1 mark off an A :frown: Was not happy. xD

Last year? I don't know, this year I got an E overall, B in the coursework and U on the exam :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending