The Student Room Group

Ocr c1 p1 b1 2017

How did you guys find the exam? What answers did you get?
Right now I feel as if I did awfully.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J116

I thought it was just me, but I came out and everybody was saying it was quite hard. The 6 mark questions were okay, but some of the question threw me lol.

I put how Anne had long sight instead of short sight opps- but i put about all the lenses and how light divarges so hopefully i will alble to pick up some marks.

How did you find it
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by danielfrost759
I thought it was just me, but I came out and everybody was saying it was quite hard. The 6 mark questions were okay, but some of the question threw me lol.

I put how Anne had long sight instead of short **** opps- but i put about all the lenses and how light divarges so hopefully i will alble to pick up some marks.

How did you find it

I don't know how I feel I found the 6 markers quite hard too, but did you see the question about butane and the polymer for it? Like to make it into a balanced equation..? I didn't even bother. I don't even think I got any of physics correct if I'm honest! 😂
Original post by J116
I don't know how I feel I found the 6 markers quite hard too, but did you see the question about butane and the polymer for it? Like to make it into a balanced equation..? I didn't even bother. I don't even think I got any of physics correct if I'm honest!

yep that was the only one I left out Lol. I got solvent D for that chemistry question? Everyone in our year seems to have put Ectasay as the depresent lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
[QUOTE="danielfrost759;71662422"]
Original post by J116
I don't know how I feel I found the 6 markers quite hard too, but did you see the question about butane and the polymer for it? Like to make it into a balanced equation..? I didn't even bother. I don't even think I got any of physics correct if I'm honest! [😂/QUOTE]

yep that was the only one I left out Lol. I got solvent D for that chemistry question? Everyone in our year seems to have put Ectasay as the depresent lol

Yeah it was solvent but I ticked ectasay too, i found the convection conduction question confusing too or was it just me?
[QUOTE="J116;71662520"]

Yeah it was solvent but I ticked ectasay too, i found the convection conduction question confusing too or was it just me?

Yep me too! I put about the tempreature in side of the house is like convection becasue the hot air will rise and heat at the top of the bulding? Hopefully grade boundries will be low, deffo the hardest unit 1 paper i have seen
what was the meaning of colloid i think i got it wrong. To be honest i dont know what i wrote.
Reply 7
Original post by J116

I personally found it quite easy, as did everybody else I talked to that did it. I assume the grade boundaries will be quite high - me and everyone else I talked to both agreed that it wasn't particularly difficult, and our science department is somewhat substandard.
Reply 8
Relatively easy though I messed up on the biology 6 mark :frown: I didn't mention ciliary muscles or suspensory ligaments and got convex and concave the wrong way around I'm so scared. Hopefully unit 2 can pull me up to an A*
Original post by Zourtix
I personally found it quite easy, as did everybody else I talked to that did it. I assume the grade boundaries will be quite high - me and everyone else I talked to both agreed that it wasn't particularly difficult, and our science department is somewhat substandard.

Our students and teachers said the opposite lol
Original post by voo
Relatively easy though I messed up on the biology 6 mark :frown: I didn't mention ciliary muscles or suspensory ligaments and got convex and concave the wrong way around I'm so scared. Hopefully unit 2 can pull me up to an A*

I quite liked the 6 mark questions tbh
Our students and teachers said the opposite lol

What questions did you find difficult?
Original post by Zourtix
What questions did you find difficult?

the first question about the movement of plant
the 2nd equation question in chemistry
and the question about calculating the speed and wavelength with only one value?
the first question about the movement of plant
the 2nd equation question in chemistry
and the question about calculating the speed and wavelength with only one value?

The first question was that it showed Positive Phototropism, and the part ii was that auxins are more concentrated in shaded sides, so as it's rotated all sides get even amounts of shade, making it grow straight up.

The speed of all electromagnetic waves are equal in a vacuum, so it was the same value as the first wave you were given.

What was the equation in chemistry? The balancing one?
Reply 14
I quite liked the 6 mark questions tbh

I think I just panicked because I knew how to answer the question. I think chemistry was decent and I wrote a lot for the physics one. I have so many regrets though ahhhh, everything was so doable.
Original post by Zourtix
The first question was that it showed Positive Phototropism, and the part ii was that auxins are more concentrated in shaded sides, so as it's rotated all sides get even amounts of shade, making it grow straight up.

The speed of all electromagnetic waves are equal in a vacuum, so it was the same value as the first wave you were given.

What was the equation in chemistry? The balancing one?

Okay thank you!

So if i put 3000000000 for both it was right?
and yeah the 2nd one about polymers or something.

Also I included all the infromation about when the light rays are parrel cillary muslces relax etc, and i put all the right information in (i.e long=convex converges etc) But i got Anne and sam mixed up i put anne for long sight- so how many marks would i loose do you think?
Okay thank you!

So if i put 3000000000 for both it was right?
and yeah the 2nd one about polymers or something.

Also I included all the infromation about when the light rays are parrel cillary muslces relax etc, and i put all the right information in (i.e long=convex converges etc) But i got Anne and sam mixed up i put anne for long sight- so how many marks would i loose do you think?

Yeah, that would be right I believe.
I think I did that right - I was unsure though
I made the same mistake on that one - I don't think you would lose that many, maybe 2 max if all information was correct.
Reply 17
The exam was alright but that poly butane question well😂😂
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme ??
tbh it wasn`t that bad

Quick Reply

Latest