The Student Room Group

Tattoos

Pretty much the title. Do you have tattoos? Do want to get any tattoo? If so, then what's the meaning behind your tattoo?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have one... but when I say one it's my entire back from the top of my shoulders down to my butt.

I like that not everyone gets to see it, or they get little peeks of it.

It's very beautiful and abstract in my opinion.It doesn't have any meaning asides from "This is my body and I like it."
I've always said I'd never get one but recently I really want a cute little one on my wrist or something
I'm planning to get two tattoos that are japanese writing on the side of chest saying "If you cling to life, you live in fear of death. And that fear will cloud your judgement" - black lagoon ."No matter how you look, as long as your judgement is clouded you won't find the truth"- ao no exorcist :smile:
Original post by _princessxox
I've always said I'd never get one but recently I really want a cute little one on my wrist or something

Don't ruin ur body!!!
Sleeves can be hot
I want a little broken heart like Kendall Jenner's
Reply 6
Tattoos are ugly and tacky
Original post by S!ns

Tiny ones are cute
Reply 8
Original post by _princessxox
Tiny ones are cute

I suppose they aren't that bad, but I still see them as ugly, an unnatural impurity :redface:

I can't imagine people like the Queen or any of the immediate royal family, or government ministers, having tattoos. I just associate tattoos with the lower sections of society, to put it bluntly
Don't have any, but have so often thought about to get ones. Would rather live without them at the moment.
Reply 10
I'm not judgemental :frown:
I want loadssssss but none yet :frown: I only just turned 18.
I like hidden tattoos, vintage sailor tattoos and literary tattoos.

Planning to get the phases of the moon tattooed inside my thigh soon. Also thinking of swallows on chest and a quote tattooed below my ribcage.
gorgeous post
Original post by S!ns

Ugly? no, some are looking fine, even on women's body. Tacky? people who are a living artwork can't be tacky. We have different views o tattoos, I accept it.

Would rather say wearing tattoos has been inflationary used now. Thus wearing tattoos are nothing special anylonger.
I have two, both covering the tops of each foot. Both blackwork. On the left I have a rose, which is partly in memory of my grandmother who was buried with yellow roses. I'm not a big fan of colour work though, so went for one without. I have a mandala/mehndi piece on my right foot with a flower in the centre because for me, the mandala represents wholeness and balance which is something I used to struggle a lot with being chronically ill, and it's something I always want to see when I'm looking down in defeat. It's also a really pretty design, the artist designed it with me in the room so it was perfect for me, and having something so beautiful on my body helps me to feel so much better about myself, and helps me love myself

Quick Reply

Latest