The Student Room Group

AQA Law 04 essays - how long should they be?

We're writing out our law 04 essays (morals, justice, and creativity) so that we have a full hour to write them in the exam. I'm a fairly fast typer (I'm typing in the exams) and my current word counts on my model answers are about 2100 words on average (about 4-5 pages long) and that doesn't even include everything that the teacher has put in the booklets, mine's a condensed version. How long are your essays if you've written them and do you think I'd be able to write that much in an hour if I had learned it properly? I likely won't have much time to learn it all and then practice writing it out enough times to conclusively say how much I can write in that time.
2 sides is enough
and plus I think 'fault' is coming up this year
Original post by Nazi gold
2 sides is enough

We're not learning fault (justice is most likely to come up out of the ones I'm doing, it seems). 2 sides to me feels really small (I have too much to say!) so I guess I'll have to see what happens in the real thing. Is it better to do the concept essay first or the scenarios?
I'm doing fault as well as justice. you're supposed to pick three anyways. And hmm personally I would do the concept first. that only because its worth 30 marks, so I would be more pressure if I leave it to the last, and the scenarios will hopefully ease itself after. just practice questions. you will be fine x
Original post by greghayes
We're not learning fault (justice is most likely to come up out of the ones I'm doing, it seems). 2 sides to me feels really small (I have too much to say!) so I guess I'll have to see what happens in the real thing. Is it better to do the concept essay first or the scenarios?

omg this is what i think justice will come it hasn't come up for years? But fault its also possible what should i focus on the most
Original post by Nazi gold
2 sides is enough

how? i think justice coming up but i don't know what to revise on I'm lost
revise both to be on the safe side x
Revise 3 if you want to be completely safe.

I'm revising Law and Morals (Unlikely to come up, but backup) and focusing on Fault based on how easy it seems to remember stuff, it's quite self explanatory.
Reply 8
If you're typing, 2100 words should be fine if you know it off by heart. If you were to write it out by hand, it'd be far too much.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Justice is likely to come this year. hopefully it does..
Original post by shezaad
Justice is likoely to come this year. hopefully it does..

amennn
Original post by shezaad
Justice is likely to come this year. hopefully it does..

are u talking about law and justice with sir john salmond? if so yesss but its 50/50 fault or justice
Reply 12
Original post by princesspat99
are u talking about law and justice with sir john salmond? if so yesss but its 50/50 fault or justice

Yes, with the type of justices like corrective, distributive, retributive and talk about utilitarianism. Not sure about Sir Salmond but I will be talking about Rawls and Nozick..
Is it bad to just revise two.
I have already learnt fault and sort of balancing conflicting interests. It took me ages though.
The other one I would revise is law and morals.
Which ones are likely to come up?
any exemplar Law and morality essays? A* standard
Law and Fault or Law and Justice
Original post by Qmwnebrv
Is it bad to just revise two.
I have already learnt fault and sort of balancing conflicting interests. It took me ages though.
The other one I would revise is law and morals.
Which ones are likely to come up?

I am only revising two and briefly looking over another one just in case. My reasoning is that judicial creativity has came up a lot so its very very unlikely that it will be on. Therefore there is only one other out of morals ,justice, fault and balancing that wont be on. Justice and fault are likely to come so im thinking that if i revise those two at least one will almost definitely be on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending