The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine waiting list 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Chemo2017
Ah not particularly 😂 few points off on a couple of sections.

And I recieved a reply today from Sarb, there is no movement on the list just yet 😑 she said to expect some at the end of the week

Good to know 👍 Something to look forward to then!
Original post by Chemo2017
Ah not particularly 😂 few points off on a couple of sections.

And I recieved a reply today from Sarb, there is no movement on the list just yet 😑 she said to expect some at the end of the week

They must be waiting for the 15-20 extra offers they made to decline, before moving onto waiting list. If she thinks there'll be movement soon, that's pretty good :smile:
Reply 182
Has everyone already applied for student finance despite being on the waiting list? I read something about up to 9 months after the course starts? And what happens with the application if you don't get an offer?
Original post by Perserverance
Cut off was 97 for graduate applicants for both A100 and A101

You close?

Do you mind me asking what your score was please? Wondering how far they've moved through the waiters.
FYI, someone on the notts thread just said that they were waitlist number 1, but just firmed Birmingham, so we've all been bumped up one :smile:
So... Anything?

Do we reckon Sarb's end of week prediction is accurate?
Reply 186
Original post by puddleduck
So... Anything?

Let's hope so 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Reply 187
Apparently a few more waitlisters received an offer from Swansea this week. This is possibly due to offer holders firming Nottingham after last Saturday's visit day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
*muffled screams* I need people to decline notts 😂
Reply 189
*muffled screams* I need people to decline notts 😂

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you! Nottingham will make at least a few offers from the waiting list, and you're quite high on the list!

Not keeping my hopes high for Swansea! As far as I know they could have 100s in their waiting list and they must've made around 20 offers by now to waitlisters.. Not letting us know our position on the wait list is really really mean to say the least! Have no clue how they sort us out or if they even have done so! They could be just picking at random >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
So... Anything?

To be honest, I don't think that we'll hear anything until the 8th.

Just look at Sarb's e-mail:

'...towards the end of the week, towards the deadline date'

It could just be a typo but I think it means that there won't be any news this week.
Reply 191
Original post by SkyKnight
To be honest, I don't think that we'll hear anything until the 8th.

Just look at Sarb's e-mail:

'...towards the end of the week, towards the deadline date'

It could just be a typo but I think it means that there won't be any news this week.

Good point 🤔
Ughh, you may be right >< I'm gonna keep on hoping that there'll be a bit of movement before the 8th, though... maybe sometime next week....
Original post by LJZed
I wouldn't be too worried if I were you! Nottingham will make at least a few offers from the waiting list, and you're quite high on the list!

Not keeping my hopes high for Swansea! As far as I know they could have 100s in their waiting list and they must've made around 20 offers by now to waitlisters.. Not letting us know our position on the wait list is really really mean to say the least! Have no clue how they sort us out or if they even have done so! They could be just picking at random >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

Swansea seem to have been the least transparent post-interview by quite a bit :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Anyone heard anything more recent?

I keep wanting to email Sarb again, but don't want to be annoying! Has anyone heard from her more recently than Monday 22nd?
Reply 195
Anyone heard anything more recent?

I keep wanting to email Sarb again, but don't want to be annoying! Has anyone heard from her more recently than Monday 22nd?

Cos of my position on the list I'm not even bothering until I hear you have an offer! 😉
Original post by Dreamlola
Cos of my position on the list I'm not even bothering until I hear you have an offer! 😉

:blushing:
I don't know if you guys saw the post in the Notts thread, but someone heard back from Sarb today- she says that the waiting list hasn't moved, because not everyone has replied to their offer yet. She says she's going to try to give us more information by the end of next week, so it really looks like we won't hear until the UCAS deadline.....

As far as I see it, there are 2 options: either not enough people have rejected Notts so far for them to need the waiting list yet, or, they're waiting for everyone to respond, and then will send out a batch of offers after the UCAS deadline. Hoping it's the latter! :P

Either way, I'm gonna try my best to enjoy the weather and the bank holiday weekend :P
A lot of people I've spoke to seem quite undecided where to choose from the offers they hold. I also met a considerable number of people who held 2 or more offers. If I was in their position I too would give heavy consideration to where to firm. 4 years is a long time to spend somewhere as a student and you will be spending a lot more time at that location when compared to undergrad. Less holidays and due to the heavy workload less chance to pop home at weekends. It's a huge undertaking and should be treated as such.

My own circumstances have changed recently and I am now a bit more torn on where I'd like to go (I'll still gladly go anywhere if someone gives me an offer!), but hypothetically if I had to choose it wouldn't be as straight forward as it was a couple of months ago.

Be patient guys and gals. Sort your student finance out (deadline is this week I think), start studying for the GAMSAT again as a precaution, focus on whatever you need to do to finish your undergrad and get the grades you need, or just try and enjoy what might be your last long summer!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 199
Original post by Marathi
A lot of people I've spoke to seem quite undecided where to choose from the offers they hold. I also met a considerable number of people who held 2 or more offers. If I was in there position I too would give heavy consideration to where to firm. 4 years is a long time to spend somewhere as a student and you will be spending a lot more time at that location when compared to undergrad. Less holidays and due to the heavy workload less chance to pop home at weekends. It's a huge undertaking and should be treated as such.

My own circumstances have changed recently and I am now a bit more torn on where I'd like to go (I'll still gladly go anywhere if someone gives me an offer!), but hypothetically if I had to choose it wouldn't be as straight forward as it was a couple of months ago.

Be patient guys and gals. Sort your student finance out (deadline is this week I think), start studying for the GAMSAT again as a precaution, focus on whatever you need to do to finish your undergrad and get the grades you need, or just try and enjoy what might be your last long summer!

Sound advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending