The Student Room Group

Doing my a level exams, failing and have lost all motivation.

I was doing 2 a levels and an epq, which I am failing (except the epq, but even that was not amazing). I haven't had any passion for the past 2-3 years and need to get 3 a leves to go to any university that does a course im even slightly interested in. How can I get my self to work? I am completely unmotivated and am ashamed that I have let everyone down, especially considering how great my family is.Advice from people who are in/have been in this situation, in regards to how you can get yourself to work? How to start enjoying life again?
talk to your parents
Do you want to work in fast food or retail for the rest of your life?
Original post by jeromexxxx
I was doing 2 a levels and an epq, which I am failing (except the epq, but even that was not amazing). I haven't had any passion for the past 2-3 years and need to get 3 a leves to go to any university that does a course im even slightly interested in. How can I get my self to work? I am completely unmotivated and am ashamed that I have let everyone down, especially considering how great my family is.Advice from people who are in/have been in this situation, in regards to how you can get yourself to work? How to start enjoying life again?

If you have exams left then focus on doing your best. Time for reflection after. Now is not the time to beat yourself up.

Identify the course you want to do then work out the easiest // most enjoyable path to get there. Identify why you are unmotivated is it lack of confidence, laziness, failing to be inspired, lack of ability, lack of interest etc.

Maybe consider an Access course instead as that is more course work which might suit you better.

Unless you are willing to commit and do whats needed then you arent going to Uni. Its entirely up to you.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
If you have exams left then focus on doing your best. Time for reflection after. Now is not the time to beat yourself up.

Identify the course you want to do then work out the easiest // most enjoyable path to get there. Identify why you are unmotivated is it lack of confidence, laziness, failing to be inspired, lack of ability, lack of interest etc.

Maybe consider an Access course instead as that is more course work which might suit you better.

Unless you are willing to commit and do whats needed then you arent going to Uni. Its entirely up to you.

Thanks for the response, what is an "Access course" though?
Reply 5

As sad as it sounds, search motivational videos on youtube. This is what I do and it gets me motivated to do my work.
Reply 6
Original post by asd90
As sad as it sounds, search motivational videos on youtube. This is what I do and it gets me motivated to do my work.

Thanks, but they don't help me. I just get irritated.
Thanks for the response, what is an "Access course" though?

https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/Pages/Default.aspx
Reply 8
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Do you want to work in fast food or retail for the rest of your life?

No
try your best with the exams you have left. even if you fail there's still the option of resitting a year which in the long run won't make much of a difference if you really want to go to uni. you can talk to your teachers and parents for support I'm sure you'll find a way to get where you want. good luck :smile:
Reply 11
Thanks, but they don't help me. I just get irritated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHGqp8lz36c
Check this out, its simply amazing
tbh, 2 a levels and an epq isnt enough to get into any uni unless you get a/a* across the board. i advise you to take out another 2 years to do a btec qualification like a triple diploma if you really want to get into uni or an access course. however a levels would be the best choice as u could change ur mind at any time as to what u want to study in uni whereas doing a btec/access means you cant change your mind so easily. only saying this as u dont sound sure on what u wanna do at uni. ur choice at the end of the day.
Reply 13
Original post by angoria699
tbh, 2 a levels and an epq isnt enough to get into any uni unless you get a/a* across the board. i advise you to take out another 2 years to do a btec qualification like a triple diploma if you really want to get into uni or an access course. however a levels would be the best choice as u could change ur mind at any time as to what u want to study in uni whereas doing a btec/access means you cant change your mind so easily. only saying this as u dont sound sure on what u wanna do at uni. ur choice at the end of the day.[/QUI

I think Leeds Beckett University accepts 2 a levels and probably doesn't require a/a* across the board-this is what i heard a few days ago but a lot of unis do want 3 a levels.

Quick Reply

Latest