The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology (New Spec, 7401) 25th May / 6th June

Hey all.

I wanted to make this thread for the final days of our first Bio exam and get a feel for how we are all feeling for this - excited? Nervous? Scared? I also wanted to make this an unofficial mark scheme for specifically AS, AQA students.

I wanted to find out what final last-minute revison topics you all will be revising and what you all may think could appear on the exam. I'll start:

Cell cycle and heart rate didn't really come up last year - I'm especially focusing on those topics just in case AQA decide to ask them this year. Also My last-minute revision topics are the ethics of vaccines and monoclonal antibodies. I just see a 4-5 mark question on one of those two.

Finally, I see a question on ATP coming up as they didn't really ask it that much last year.

Scroll to see replies

I think the passage at the end will be about a virus HIV or something to do with antigens
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like, because last year they were very low but this year they will probably be a lot higher. Im getting like 68% in the specimen papers usually this is a C but in last years papers its an A.
Reply 3
Original post by Arman1221
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like, because last year they were very low but this year they will probably be a lot higher. Im getting like 68% in the specimen papers usually this is a C but in last years papers its an A.

It depends on the paper. Last years paper was quite hard
How did you guys find the exam?
Reply 5
I found it awful lol
people were actually crying in the exam hall D:
After the exam I go to the toilets and people are crying in the stalls as well ;-;
Yeah, it wasnt great. Started off ok and then it went downhill lol...it was all the maths questions that killed me.
Can you lot find the unofficial markscheme?
wha the flipping heck was that
Original post by vali7654321
Can you lot find the unofficial markscheme?

No, haven't yet -
I guess we have the second paper to look forward too. I need it, that's for sue
Original post by seventyseven77
I think the passage at the end will be about a virus HIV or something to do with antigens

Wtf!!!! You guessed correctly 😂 Help predict the questions for the next exam
Does anyone have access to the actual paper please?
Original post by Abistudyhard
Wtf!!!! You guessed correctly 😂 Help predict the questions for the next exam

I will guys and hopefully I'll be right again!😊
Does anybody have the 2016 depth paper? I had it as a mock but can't seem to find it! Please could someone send it to me? xx
Original post by MKaur18
Does anybody have the 2016 depth paper? I had it as a mock but can't seem to find it! Please could someone send it to me? xx

What is a depth paper is that for bio?
Original post by seventyseven77
What is a depth paper is that for bio?

yup OCR
Does anyone have the paper. If so could they please attach it
Original post by marlodanvers
Hey all.

I wanted to make this thread for the final days of our first Bio exam and get a feel for how we are all feeling for this - excited? Nervous? Scared? I also wanted to make this an unofficial mark scheme for specifically AS, AQA students.

I wanted to find out what final last-minute revison topics you all will be revising and what you all may think could appear on the exam. I'll start:

Cell cycle and heart rate didn't really come up last year - I'm especially focusing on those topics just in case AQA decide to ask them this year. Also My last-minute revision topics are the ethics of vaccines and monoclonal antibodies. I just see a 4-5 mark question on one of those two.

Finally, I see a question on ATP coming up as they didn't really ask it that much last year.

That test was solid, but I feel like it was easier than the 2016 so the grade boundaries are going to be higher.
What do you guys (and any girls. Let's not be sexist we're in 2017) think will be the 6 marker questions? IMO I think these will come up because they didn't come up in the previous paper / last year:
1. The entire process of mitosis
2. Enzymes in digestion
3. Structure of plasma membrane
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending