The Student Room Group

if i failed maths paper one, can i still pass with paper two and three

i totally messed up on that paper. if i get decent marks on the others, is there a way to pass the subject? (gcse 9 -1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thinking the same thing....I think you can just try to earn higher from paper one on the other papers
I think so, you just have to aim to get over at least 100 in all three papers in total :s
Reply 3
Yes. The final of all 240 marks is what determines your grade. Go out there and ace the next 2, and you still have a shot at a good overall grade.
lets do this guys :h:
thanks guys :frown:
my faith in myself is mildly restored. i do not want to be looking at a grade 2 on results day.
i'm sure if i do some hard work i can pass the next two somehow. good luck to you all, too!
Reply 6
Thanks make sure to remember that if you don't know the answers then just write what method you think is associated with that question.

And revise in the next weeks , I recommend mathswatch videos and questions!
Original post by shdhws
thanks guys :frown:
my faith in myself is mildly restored. i do not want to be looking at a grade 2 on results day.
i'm sure if i do some hard work i can pass the next two somehow. good luck to you all, too!

of course lets do our best guys if u want the best u can get it
I didn't do so well in this exam. I think I got 50 I am really upset I was so ill today I just couldn't concentrate. I feel like crying I compared the answers with my mates it just made me feel like crap :frown:
Original post by warheadburial05
I didn't do so well in this exam. I think I got 50 I am really upset I was so ill today I just couldn't concentrate. I feel like crying I compared the answers with my mates it just made me feel like crap :frown:

how is 50 bad...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I made so many silly mistakes in that paper, it's absolutely mad. Hopefully I got at the very least over halfway. :///////
Original post by farquadsquad
how is 50 bad...

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know i am sorry 50 isn't bad but my teacher expects me to do well and my aim was 65 on the first paper. 50 is still good imo. How did your exam go?:smile:
atleast between 90-100 in my opinion.
I think I got lower than 20 tbh, does anyone know what topics will be on the calculator exams because I like I'll get a 1 if I fail those too with luck I'll get a 3 but I need a 4 I am so depressed.
How about a grade 7?
atleast between 90-100 in my opinion.
Original post by Michae_L
Yes. The final of all 240 marks is what determines your grade. Go out there and ace the next 2, and you still have a shot at a good overall grade.

what about if you get 20 in paper one and 30 in paper two and three, apparently you need 50 in all papers to get a 4 but I'm not sure how accurate that is but foundation grade boundaries are insane, *sigh*
I mushy have gotten 10-20, the rest I should have revised but I didn't.
Reply 17
Original post by TheAlchemistress
I mushy have gotten 10-20, the rest I should have revised but I didn't.

Sameee
I think I'm going to fail maths overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firstly, I believe you can. It should be possible.
However, remember that you do not know if you have failed yet. Have a little faith. You'll still get marks for working.
Original post by z_o_e
Sameee
I think I'm going to fail maths overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

same, do you think the grade boundaries will be low?

Quick Reply

Latest