The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You really aren't that interested, you just want to stir something up lmao. There have been a few hundred of these threads in the past few days haha.
I genuinely am interested to hear peoples views... it's a very topical matter and this is a forum for discussing these things...
Islam is not a violent religion. Its all about PEACE. Explain to me why Islam is the fasting growing religion in the world? People who are terrorists and claim to be Muslims are most definitely not Muslims. Islam doesn't teach that killing is right and that bombing countries is right. Take a good look at yourself and think about what you are saying and why it is wrong! Saying bad things about other religions is completely wrong, if you are apart of a religion the you should know what you're doing is completely wrong.
no. As it isn't an ideology is it. There is no such thing as 'radical' Islam. It makes as much sense as the the KKK being radical Christians. It is am oxymoron really. How can a religion which says you cannot kill, justify killing? If you kill, or encourage it, you are not a Muslim. You are a scumbag murderer.

To blame is the world we happen to live in and how it is badly misaligned with human nature, that is the core of it really.
(edited 6 years ago)
They're not mutually exclusive.
Original post by VirtueSignalling
Its all about peace... Sick

Fastest growing because muslim women have 8 kids to our one?

If islam was a religion of peace then why does it promote killing infidels and non believers - violent book.

It is all about peace. Fasting growing religion - so many people covert to Islam everyday. And agree with one of the comments above - if you're a murderer, you are simply not a Muslim. End of story.

And this is to the thread starter, there are 100s of these threads, go have a look at, them or use the brain you were born with and do some research bearing in mind all the things media say is bs.
Original post by King_786
It is all about peace. Fasting growing religion - so many people covert to Islam everyday. And agree with one of the comments above - if you're a murderer, you are simply not a Muslim. End of story.

And this is to the thread starter, there are 100s of these threads, go have a look at, them or use the brain you were born with and do some research bearing in mind all the things media say is bs.

agreeeeeeeddddd
Original post by jennyybuckleyy
I genuinely am interested to hear peoples views... it's a very topical matter and this is a forum for discussing these things...

I'm sure your soo interested in what we people think. You know what people say about this topic before and how Muslims are blamed. So, please do respond so I can grill the f'uck out of you for trying to chat sh1t.
Saying bad things about other religions is completely wrong, if you are apart of a religion the you should know what you're doing is completely wrong.

So you're saying we shouldn't criticise religions... just because they're religions? What makes them immune when compared to say, communism for example? They're both ideologies and world views...
Original post by Welshstig
I know man, but who cares, these guys will never amount to anything in life anyway.

Ygm. At least you get the point. Thanks for that
Original post by as10263186
I'm sure your soo interested in what we people think. You know what people say about this topic before and how Muslims are blamed. So, please do respond so I can grill the f'uck out of you for trying to chat sh1t.

Hey, there are strong arguments for and against this topic, I'm just interested in what people can argue so I can help formulate my own opinion, just like lots of other things which you read to decide on what you agree with... You really don't have to resort to verbally harassing me, just chill man.
Original post by _gcx
So you're saying we shouldn't criticise religions... just because they're religions? What makes them immune when compared to say, communism for example? They're both ideologies and world views...

So you're saying criticizing religions is right? No, im not saying it just because they're religions.

I am just saying when a bomb happens and its a white man. Suddenly his name is Abdullah or some sort of Muslim name. Media twist things and you know it.
So you're saying criticizing religions is right? No, im not saying it just because they're religions.

I am just saying when a bomb happens and its a white man. Suddenly his name is Abdullah or some sort of Muslim name. Media twist things and you know it.

Criticising religion is no different to criticising any other ideology. It is neither right or wrong, it is simply justified or unjustified in one's opinion.

No, it means Muslims have more kids then non-Muslims. Conversions are relatively rare.

Criticising religions isn't just right, it's needed in a civilised society. It's the reason that the most developed and fair countries are the most secular.

I assume you have evidence that the media twist things? It's quite the claim you're making.
Original post by as10263186
Did you get that from hadith or Quran because if you didn't then don't mention it because your giving out false information. The beauty of the religion is that there are punishments and redemption, You can kill someone and that sin is equal to killing the whole of humanity but by worshipping for forgiveness with the correct intention you can redeem the sin also if you go on pilgrimage all sins are wiped clean.

What the hell are you on about? I'm talking about the increase in Islamic population.
Reply 17
Islam is meant to be a peaceful religion. Unfortunately, there are a lot of nutters out there.
You have countries like Malaysia, where is Islam is the majority religion. You don't hear Malaysia having problems.
LOOK some of you people are saying how the Quran is a violent book, but have you actually gone and read it and understood it- but i dont blame you for your ignorances, the media and these evil humans who decide and kill innocnent people are the ones who are blinding you from the truth. AND it doesnt help that us muslims arent getting off our arses and trying to prove people wrong, so i understand why people have views like that and im not trying to fight you- at the end of the day, if all muslims are violent and terrorists, wouldnt you lot be dead by now and that also includes myself but like i said- i dont blame you for your opinions
Original post by Zargabaath
No, it means Muslims have more kids then non-Muslims. Conversions are relatively rare.

Wrong reply and is that Mia Khalifa as your profile picture. That is rich when you talk about islam but have her as your pic, that's a perfect message you just sent out.

Latest

Trending

Trending