The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm not too sure but I know you aren't the first one. Try calling the school up? Luckily with GCSEs you have tons of exams; so one exam by itself doesn't matter too much (unlike AS and A2), so don't freak. I have heard before they just use your predicted/mock grade but I'm not sure if that's true. Hopefully it all works out OK!
Original post by matrixender
I know, I know, I'm a **** up. I had an exam in the morning today (9:15) and I thought it started at 13:30.... is there anything I can do?

nope

you should speak to someone at school about it so they undertans whats going on, indeed you should have done that already
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
nope

you should speak to someone at school about it so they undertans whats going on, indeed you should have done that already

I've spoken to my school's exams officer and he said that he needs to consult the exam board (because my school hasn't done exams with CIE before, hence I'm the first case where this has happened. #goals). What are my chances of being allowed my mock grades?
Reply 4
Original post by draculaura
I'm not too sure but I know you aren't the first one. Try calling the school up? Luckily with GCSEs you have tons of exams; so one exam by itself doesn't matter too much (unlike AS and A2), so don't freak. I have heard before they just use your predicted/mock grade but I'm not sure if that's true. Hopefully it all works out OK!

the exam was worth 50% of my grade so without it the maximum I would get would be like a C... and that's with ~full marks on the second paper. RIP. Can they really use your mock grades???
Reply 5
The school really should have phoned you when you didn't turn up in the morning, but that's beside the point.

It might vary between exam boards, but usually if you miss an exam, the board will use a combination of your mock grade, your performance in the other paper(s) and the national average for the paper you missed to estimate what you would have got in that paper, so assuming that you did alright in the mock and that the other papers for that subject go well, you should be fine.
I've spoken to my school's exams officer and he said that he needs to consult the exam board (because my school hasn't done exams with CIE before, hence I'm the first case where this has happened. #goals). What are my chances of being allowed my mock grades?

If you didn't turn up for the exam you won't get the mock grade for that subject

Zero

You missed an exam for reasons that were in your control.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could always try playing the "ill card", but not sure if it will work
I know, I know, I'm a **** up. I had an exam in the morning today (9:15) and I thought it started at 13:30.... is there anything I can do? Currently sobbing into a tub of ice cream and listening to a sad playlist. Please someone help

I'm having the same issue, I did paper 1 but missed paper 2, what was your outcome if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Unnamed User
You could always try playing the "ill card", but not sure if it will work

Won't work. As far as I know, the exam board requires confirmation from a doctor that you required serious medical attention. Playing the 'ill card' won't be accepted as a reasonable excuse.
Original post by jodieleigh96
I'm having the same issue, I did paper 1 but missed paper 2, what was your outcome if you don't mind me asking?

I'm doing a resit in January (I did iGCSE maths) for the paper I missed ^_^ hope it goes well for you, too - what did your exams officer say?
I know, I know, I'm a **** up. I had an exam in the morning today (9:15) and I thought it started at 13:30.... is there anything I can do? Currently sobbing into a tub of ice cream and listening to a sad playlist. Please someone help

Which exam did you miss?x:smile:
Original post by sunshine774
Which exam did you miss?x:smile:

Mathematics Paper 3H
Don't worry you can resit it. I'm missing my GCSE physics today because i'm suffering from IBS which makes it difficult for me to focus. Luckily i'm not doing science based subjects for A-levels. You're not a **** up, we all make mistakes x
Retakes are in Nov :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? In my school, this one guy missed the English exam. They had to call home and get him, and we had to wait for like 5 minutes (he lived pretty close)
Reply 17
Hi everyone we need help any idea pls our daughter miss his gcse exams due her being sick doctors allow him not to attend exams because of his condition what next to do pls??does it mean no grades for her results at all??can she be awarded base on her mock grades?

my friend missed all her english language exams last year and the exam board took in her mock grades which was a 6 i think and she re-took it in novemeber and the exam board said if u get a higher grade we'll change it and if u get lower we'll just keep it at a 6. she got a 7 in the end but from that story i think the mock exam thing is true.
You school is rubbish.They didn't even inform you when you was absent and they are asking you to talk to the exam boards.Shouldn't they be doing that?

Latest