The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Food crisis

What is the meal plan like? What kind of food do you get etc. Can you get your food from any place like selly oak, the vale or can you only get your food from where you are staying?
Reply 1
I have been told that the meal plan works by giving you a card with £50 (i think) on it whereby you are able to spend this on certain places. If you do not use all the money on the card, it gets swiped and it does not carry on to the next week so it is best that you use it. Some people do not find this enough and do end up buying food and cooking for themselves as the accommodation should have a shared kitchen even with a meal plan. Hope this helps, that's all i know about the meal plan.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Okay, thank you
Original post by Shaan_3572
What is the meal plan like? What kind of food do you get etc. Can you get your food from any place like selly oak, the vale or can you only get your food from where you are staying?

'Middle class university food question' is not a crisis.
Reply 4
don't bother getting a meal plan, £50 a week in the expensive uni canteen gets you like 1 meal a day so you still need to feed yourself another 2 meals from your own money + snacks and drinks etc

it's in the middle of birmingham, not north korea. there is no great famine. aldi is 20 minutes walk away from pretty much any accommodation.
Reply 5
Alright thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending