The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carmen1999
Just received the formal offer email and my starting date is 19 June.
Anyone start on that day in Bradford?

Congrats 😂 I start in Bradford on the 9th
Original post by Nas08
Congrats 😂 I start in Bradford on the 9th

Congrats both
Thanks a lot!
By the way, there's a chance that our starting date is earlier than what the provisional offer mentioned.
HMRC told me the starting date is between July and October, but they gave me June.

Hope you guys get the formal offer soon
last day of training tomorrow then next tuesday onto rota's shifts
I've just received my formal offer! Over the moon what a fab start to the weekend
Original post by Victoriamj
I've just received my formal offer! Over the moon what a fab start to the weekend

That's great news. Seen a few this week then. When you starting?
Original post by Lochymac
That's great news. Seen a few this week then. When you starting?

I've gone for the 19th June. Does look like they've picked back up now so hopefully everyone will finally know soon!
Original post by Carmen1999
Just received the formal offer email and my starting date is 19 June.
Anyone start on that day in Bradford?

Me :smile:
I've gone for the 19th June. Does look like they've picked back up now so hopefully everyone will finally know soon!

Brilliant news I start on the 9th prob c u around 😂
Original post by Nas08
Brilliant news I start on the 9th prob c u around 😂

Thanks! Yes most likely
Thanks! Yes most likely

Out of interest how did you get your formal offer was it a call or email?
Out of interest how did you get your formal offer was it a call or email?

It was an email which I had to reply to accepting or declining and chose which of two dates I'd like to start. They replied to that email with one saying I'd get a further one from manpower with further details
It was an email which I had to reply to accepting or declining and chose which of two dates I'd like to start. They replied to that email with one saying I'd get a further one from manpower with further details

Cool hope all goes well for you. I slowly giving up hope. I've been pestering them in the end I asked them to send me an email to confirm checks were completed and file passed back to HMRC.
Cool hope all goes well for you. I slowly giving up hope. I've been pestering them in the end I asked them to send me an email to confirm checks were completed and file passed back to HMRC.

Thank you! Honestly don't give up, I was the exact same, there were people who got their offers and employment checks the same day as me that have had their start dates for weeks now!

I never received confirmation of checks or anything I just emailed and asked (not that it was ever much help.)
Thank you! Honestly don't give up, I was the exact same, there were people who got their offers and employment checks the same day as me that have had their start dates for weeks now!

I never received confirmation of checks or anything I just emailed and asked (not that it was ever much help.)

I'll try, I've just tried sending an email to the info pt recruitment email address to see if they do anything just said I'm turning down other jobs.
I'm the same, received my provisional offer on 3rd April and completed all the documents on the day I received them. Every time I chase them they say that due to needing a desk assessment it is with HMRC to deal with although OH Assist stated my adaptations wouldn't be done until I start. When checking the provisional offer it does state that start dates would be from July. Is anyone else waiting for a formal offer for Bootle?
Reply 1656
Original post by Noellaah
Do you have your own desk or is it hot desking?

Hi sorry for late reply, at first we were given a seat through surname alphabetically for training time now recently me and some of my team members were made to moveto the other pod next to where our TL/Manager is with the rest of our team members who were already sitting their. So now I have my own desk. The desk that was allocated with me one of my team members wanted to swap so I swapped with them but yeah I have my own desk 😊
Reply 1657
Original post by Fontaine1990
was good but tiring lot to learn and take in lol but really enjoyed the listening in part and thats good
when do you think your going to find out your shifts ?

You find out your shifts straight away once you start taking live calls.
Reply 1658
Original post by Fontaine1990
yeah how are you finding it its a lot to remember lol

I been having unique calls its like I have used every tool in the system now lol
Reply 1659
Original post by GuruP
Did anyone receive a physical contract offer letter after joining? 3 weeks into the position, I am yet to get the documentation. I see one of of my colleagues receiving. Are they assessing me in live calls and giving confirmation only after satisfactory performance? Wierd thoughts but any details on how and when they assess will be helpful

Don't worry some of my team members receiebed it near the start their contracts and rest of us got it like 2 week ago and we just recently signed it and our manager signed it too its two copies we need to sign one we keep the other we post out or manager keeps it and posts it out.

Quick Reply

Latest