The Student Room Group

Ocr english lietrature paper two

Good luck guys for those who are taking this exam, or any exam board English Literature exam today!!!
Reply 1
Hey guys, how did the exam go for you! I had did Macbeth and conflict. How did the poem's comparison go? What question poem did you compare in part 2? What question did you choose in Macbeth. I chose the extract?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
I did Much Ado About Nothing and Love and Relationships, and I think it went pretty well.
Reply 3
Original post by Yelvy
I did Much Ado About Nothing and Love and Relationships, and I think it went pretty well.

I found the poem comparison for love and relationships quite hard. Like I wrote stuff but they didn't have a CLEAR theme they both shared in my opinion.
Original post by 19farahm
Hey guys, how did the exam go for you! I had did Macbeth and conflict. How did the poem's comparison go? What question poem did you compare in part 2? What question did you choose in Macbeth. I chose the extract?

I did this same as you and when I checked the questions I breathe do huge sigh of relief - I thought I'd do well! But then I went too far into my analysis of the poetry comparison and forgot to answer the question. Luckily caught it in time to add a few paragraphs explaining how my points related to it, but think I'll lose some marks for coherency. I did A Poison Tree for the second part though, and from my school I think only one person did something else - The Man He Killed, one I was going to do before deciding on APT. I did the Lady Macbeth question and think I did alright. You?
Reply 5
Original post by thewinterstudent
I did this same as you and when I checked the questions I breathe do huge sigh of relief - I thought I'd do well! But then I went too far into my analysis of the poetry comparison and forgot to answer the question. Luckily caught it in time to add a few paragraphs explaining how my points related to it, but think I'll lose some marks for coherency. I did A Poison Tree for the second part though, and from my school I think only one person did something else - The Man He Killed, one I was going to do before deciding on APT. I did the Lady Macbeth question and think I did alright. You?

That's I used flirt to compare my poems and my extract from the anthalogy. (Form Language Imagery Rhythm Tone-- aka Flirt!!) I used Anthem of Doomed Youth got the second one. Lots of people comapre the poem with A Poison tree in my school. I chose the extract question because i thought the was more easier than the other one, even though i had done the other one in a class essay before.
(edited 6 years ago)
I did conflict and macbeth. For part a i think i did the worst on that as i only wrote 2 pages and didn't really compare much as i didn't revise the destruction poem. Part b i chose A Poison Tree which i loved writing about, so grateful for that question. For Macbeth i did the extract question which surprised me because i always do the other one. However when i was deciding, the Lady Macbeth one really confused me because it said something like explain how lady macbeth is presented as a NOT inhumane character, which confused me as Lady Macbeth was anything but humane and didn't really have many quotes to answer the question. I think many people answered that question wrong as it could have been easily misread or misinterpreted.

The extract question however was also confusing as it asked "Explain how Shakespeare presents brutality in Macbeths Scotland" Does this mean Macbeth the character or Macbeth the play as a whole?
For elsewhere in the play i wrote about when Ross remarks that "scotland cannot/ be called our mother but our grave" and a few other quotes spoken by macbeth aswell as lady macbeth.

I think it went really well overall, was expecting it to go really bad as i had only memorised one poem which was A Poison Tree, but i'm so glad i didn't waste time learning more because it would have been a total waste of time.

Did you guys use any extra booklets?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 19farahm
That's I used flirt to compare my poems and my extract from the anthalogy. (Form Language Imagery Rhythm Tone-- aka Flirt!!) I used Anthem of Doomed Youth got the second one. Lots of people comapre the poem with A Poison tree in my school. I chose the extract question because i thought the was more easier than the other one, even though i had done the other one in a class essay before.

I assumed the question was sort of implying you had to choose AFDY because of how the phrase was worded, but I could only remember one line from that poem so it was immediately out of the window! I don't think you get marked on your poem choice anyway right?
Reply 8
Original post by thewinterstudent
I assumed the question was sort of implying you had to choose AFDY because of how the phrase was worded, but I could only remember one line from that poem so it was immediately out of the window! I don't think you get marked on your poem choice anyway right?

I think your right, few people did 'There a Ceratin Slant of Light'. I think you could most poems from the anothogy for the question, but doesn't matter the poem we choice, we have to related back to the question, That's what I think is the most important
Reply 9
Original post by tanisha04
I did conflict and macbeth. For part a i think i did the worst on that as i only wrote 2 pages and didn't really compare much as i didn't revise the destruction poem. Part b i chose A Poison Tree which i loved writing about, so grateful for that question. For Macbeth i did the extract question which surprised me because i always do the other one. However when i was deciding, the Lady Macbeth one really confused me because it said something like explain how lady macbeth is presented as a NOT inhumane character, which confused me as Lady Macbeth was anything but humane and didn't really have many quotes to answer the question. I think many people answered that question wrong as it could have been easily misread or misinterpreted.

The extract question however was also confusing as it asked "Explain how Shakespeare presents brutality in Macbeths Scotland" Does this mean Macbeth the character or Macbeth the play as a whole?
For elsewhere in the play i wrote about when Ross remarks that "scotland cannot/ be called our mother but our grave" and a few other quotes spoken by macbeth aswell as lady macbeth.

I think it went really well overall, was expecting it to go really bad as i had only memorised one poem which was A Poison Tree, but i'm so glad i didn't waste time learning more because it would have been a total waste of time.

Did you guys use any extra booklets?

That's good, sure you feel confidant after this exam. Yes i used an extra booklet since my plans for each question took more than a page. What about youu, did you an extra booklet?
Reply 10
Original post by dx31
I found the poem comparison for love and relationships quite hard. Like I wrote stuff but they didn't have a CLEAR theme they both shared in my opinion.

I think I said they were both about new relationships? Anyway, what poem did you do for the second question? Most of my class did In Paris with You.
Reply 11
Original post by Yelvy
I think I said they were both about new relationships? Anyway, what poem did you do for the second question? Most of my class did In Paris with You.

Yeah Same but there wasn't a clear theme between the two and I thought that the part B question was weirdly worded.

Most of my year did either Arundel Tomb, Paris with you or Long Distance 11.
I dont think any other poem wouldve made sense really?? Like the question really narrowed it down
Reply 12
Original post by dx31
Yeah Same but there wasn't a clear theme between the two and I thought that the part B question was weirdly worded.

Most of my year did either Arundel Tomb, Paris with you or Long Distance 11.
I dont think any other poem wouldve made sense really?? Like the question really narrowed it down

Actually, someone in my class did The Sorrow of True Love (It was her favourite poem I think?) and someone else did A Broken Appointment (she said she made it work somehow). I thought the question was practically made for In Paris with You though, especially with the unseen poem also being by James Fenton.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending