The Student Room Group

can someone help me with a class diagram?

i need help please.

please reply or message me please

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by study beats
i need help please.

please reply or message me please

thanks

Post your class diagram here with the specification that you have, I'll try to help you :smile:
Original post by UWS
Post your class diagram here with the specification that you have, I'll try to help you :smile:

hi, thanks so much for wanting to help

basically i am making this virtual reality electronic learning application, where the user will be able to move around and then click on a planet, once they click a website opens up with the information on that planet .

oh and also when the webpage opens up, they can then also navigate to more information such as watch a video, take a quiz or see information about the planets moons.

class diagram for project.png
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
hi, thanks so much for wanting to help

basically i am making this virtual reality electronic learning application, where the user will be able to move around and then click on a planet, once they click a website opens up with the information on that planet .

oh and also when the webpage opens up, they can then also navigate to more information such as watch a video, take a quiz or see information about the planets moons.

class diagram for project.png

It sort of helps if you have a use case diagram as well. Your class diagram is based off your use case diagram.

To me it looks okay for a first draft, I've personally never used aggregation in a class diagram before so wouldn't know how to help there. But there are a lot of improvements to be made.

Some things to point out

Player interacts with the map so there should be a relationship between Map and Player

If this is gonna be for a final year project you really should be looking at the Boundary, Control, Entity model. A lot of these like SoundManager and VideoManager are classed as a controller which interacts with an entity. This means a video is a class, and so would sound and texture, each containing attributes of their own. The webpage itself would be a class too.

What is the application control, is it a form of GUI?

You are missing a quiz class as well. Why is quiz an attribute in your planet object?

You might want to rethink your attributes. Make sure you uniquely identify your entities with ID values, e.g. player, planets and map (if there are multiple maps)

Is there a database which holds the information? if so, you need to include this in your class diagram.

Operations and attributes should ideally begin with a lowercase letter. Classes begin with an uppercase letter.

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by UWS
It sort of helps if you have a use case diagram as well. Your class diagram is based off your use case diagram.

To me it looks okay for a first draft, I've personally never used aggregation in a class diagram before so wouldn't know how to help there. But there are a lot of improvements to be made.

Some things to point out

Player interacts with the map so there should be a relationship between Map and Player

If this is gonna be for a final year project you really should be looking at the Boundary, Control, Entity model. A lot of these like SoundManager and VideoManager are classed as a controller which interacts with an entity. This means a video is a class, and so would sound and texture, each containing attributes of their own. The webpage itself would be a class too.

What is the application control, is it a form of GUI?

You are missing a quiz class as well. Why is quiz an attribute in your planet object?

You might want to rethink your attributes. Make sure you uniquely identify your entities with ID values, e.g. player, planets and map (if there are multiple maps)

Is there a database which holds the information? if so, you need to include this in your class diagram.

Operations and attributes should ideally begin with a lowercase letter. Classes begin with an uppercase letter.

wow thanks

i will surely look into it, what would be the attributes for quiz?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
wow thanks

i will surely look into it, what would be the attributes for quiz?

Depends on how you've done your quiz but something like

quizID

question

answers

correctAnswer

Original post by UWS
Depends on how you've done your quiz but something like

quizID

question

answers

correctAnswer

cheers bro
Reply 7
cheers bro

Are you doing the other UML diagrams like sequence, use case, etc..?
Original post by UWS
Are you doing the other UML diagrams like sequence, use case, etc..?

yes i have done use case and activity diagram too...and also one simple wireframe
Reply 9
yes i have done use case and activity diagram too...and also one simple wireframe

Okay, use case should help here in your class diagram.
Original post by UWS
Okay, use case should help here in your class diagram.

do you want to see the use case too?

also i have been looking into bootstrap like you said to make a website, i have looked at some tutorials online and it looks like its going to take a long time and also really complicated...is there any template i can use?
Reply 11
do you want to see the use case too?

also i have been looking into bootstrap like you said to make a website, i have looked at some tutorials online and it looks like its going to take a long time and also really complicated...is there any template i can use?

If you want, but remember if you create new classes in your class diagrams, you'll have to add them to your use case diagram too.

Bootstrap allows you to use any online template that uses Boostrap if you have the files on your website. Which part are you stuck on?
Original post by UWS
If you want, but remember if you create new classes in your class diagrams, you'll have to add them to your use case diagram too.

Bootstrap allows you to use any online template that uses Boostrap if you have the files on your website. Which part are you stuck on?

well , my domain model and use case diagram only share some of the same stuff.......

also for the bootstrap thing , i am using the CDN instead, which basically uses an active internet connection to get all the bootstrap classes. All i need is a pre-made template i suppose?
Reply 13
well , my domain model and use case diagram only share some of the same stuff.......

also for the bootstrap thing , i am using the CDN instead, which basically uses an active internet connection to get all the bootstrap classes. All i need is a pre-made template i suppose?

If you are already importing the bootstrap classes in your html file, all you need to do is copy and paste some HTML code (like a navigation bar or menu) into your body of your website and the styles should be displayed.
Original post by UWS
If you are already importing the bootstrap classes in your html file, all you need to do is copy and paste some HTML code (like a navigation bar or menu) into your body of your website and the styles should be displayed.

ok , i see what you mean, just use the templates provided by bootstraps website?
Reply 15
ok , i see what you mean, just use the templates provided by bootstraps website?

You can use any HTML template that uses bootstrap :smile:

Try the one below
https://bootsnipp.com/
Original post by UWS

Try the one below

hi, in the end i have decided to just use simple html to create a html layout....thanks for your help.

however i do now need help with some javascript code, would you be able to help, let me know thanks.
Original post by UWS

Try the one below

hi , can you tell me how to use it?
Reply 18
hi , can you tell me how to use it?

Click on the template you want and then there should be a blue menu at the top with options like "HTML, "CSS". Click on them and just copy + paste the code into your HTML page. CSS should go in a CSS file though, then you just reference your CSS file in the HTML page using <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="theme.css">

tags...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by UWS
Click on the template you want and then there should be a blue menu at the top with options like "HTML, "CSS". Click on them and just copy + paste the code into your HTML page. CSS should go in a CSS file though, then you just reference your CSS file in the HTML page using <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="theme.css">

tags...

bootsnipp doesnt seem to have any templates, where else can i look to get one..

i wanna be able to edit it too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending