The Student Room Group

African asylum seeker charged with rape

This is a very disturbing story. There's no question that there is a major trend of sexual crimes by recent asylum seekers and refugees coming into Europe, and that it is often sexual crimes and rapes of the sort that have been quite rare in Europe in the past (stranger rape in a public place... in Europe it has always been that the vast majority of rapes are by someone the victim knows intimately).

It reminds me of those Libyan soldiers who we invited here in 2012 to help train their army to build up a state after Ghaddafi. A group of them went AWOL from the British Army base in Cambridgeshire where they were training, went to a local park and just raped a random young man they found there. These people have quite different values to us.

https://heatst.com/world/machete-wielding-african-asylum-seeker-charged-with-raping-woman-in-germany-making-boyfriend-watch/

I'm not sure what the answer is to this, but it's a betrayal of our citizens, those who have been and will be victims of these people, that we do not acknowledge and honestly grappling with the overall trends of crime committed by a particular section of the community, and to make policy decisions that seek to mitigate those trends.

An African asylum seeker has been charged with raping a woman in front of her boyfriend in Germany.

Very shortly after learning he was going to be deported, the 31-year-old named only as Erik X (police e-fit main image) allegedly forced his way into a tent the couple were sharing in the Siegaue nature reserve near Bonn in western Germany.
Police claim Eric X originally from Ghana threatened the couple with a tree saw, ordered them to hand over personal possessions, and then raped the 23-year-old woman. He also apparently forced her boyfriend to watch.
The public prosecutor’s office has now officially charged Eric X. with aggravated rape and predatory blackmail.

It has emerged that 10 days before allegedly committing the brutal crime, Eric X. was informed he would be deported to Italy

Scroll to see replies

Is rape a rare occurrence in the British community?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd estimate 7/10 rapes of the rapes in Manchester (and if you read the paper it's nothing but stuff like that, rapes, shootings, stabbings). the perpetrator is an ethnic minority. That's not being racist that's just me observing the racial mark-up of people in the media who are convicted (not suspected, convicted) of rape/sexual assault.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
I'd estimate 7/10 rapes of the rapes in Manchester (and if you read the paper it's nothing but stuff like that, rapes, shootings, stabbings). the perpetrator is an ethnic minority. That's not being racist that's just me observing the racial mark-up of people in the media who are convicted (not suspected, convicted) of rape/sexual assault.

I would disagree completely with that unless you have your evidence to prove me wrong.

Also remember that the media isn't going to report on the 20 rapes that has happened that day by your generic joe bloggs, because lets be honest people get bored with the same story in the news. But if it's a foreigner or someone with a foreign name, that's definitely something that people want to read.

Original post by JohnGreek
He doesn't need to prove that it is - only that it is committed disproportionately by a certain minority.

See my post above. Where's your evidence that they commit disproportionately more crime than the general population?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I would disagree completely with that unless you have your evidence to prove me wrong.

Also remember that the media isn't going to report on the 20 rapes that has happened that day by your generic joe bloggs, because lets be honest people get bored with the same story in the news. But if it's a foreigner or someone with a foreign name, that's definitely something that people want to read.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you're saying they deliberately don't report incidents of serious crimes like rape if perpetrated by a white offender, because it's "generic". Maybe the paper is just reporting what they see in the courts??
So you're saying they deliberately don't report incidents of serious crimes like rape if perpetrated by a white offender, because it's "generic". Maybe the paper is just reporting what they see in the courts??

Do you think a paper will report every single rape that happens in the country? Of course they'll pick and choose the stories that'll sell. This is obvious stuff, people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think a paper will report every single rape that happens in the country? Of course they'll pick and choose the stories that'll sell. This is obvious stuff, people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's a regional paper so reports what happens in the local area. It's also an objective news source, compared to say a national tabloid. You look at the local newspaper sites of Leeds, Manchester, London, Birmingham. Also Crimewatch website. And then tell me my guesstimate is wrong. Maybe there's British people doing these rapes but the papers not reporting them because the readers'll find them boring!

I'd refrain from making such a strong statement that isn't substantiated. You may very well be right in the sense that the majority of rapes are caused by ethnic minorities but speaking from personal experience on such an issue isn't, put simply, right.
No it's a regional paper so reports what happens in the local area. It's also an objective news source, compared to say a national tabloid. You look at the local newspaper sites of Leeds, Manchester, London, Birmingham. Also Crimewatch website. And then tell me my guesstimate is wrong. Maybe there's British people doing these rapes but the papers not reporting them because the readers'll find them boring!

How many rapes occur on a daily basis. And how many rapes are reported in the newspaper. Are you saying those numbers are equal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.

Which is why (for example) an act of terrorism gets much more coverage than the same act without the political motive.
rapefugees
For Germany: http://imgur.com/gallery/GRu8x (scroll down to the breakdown per crime section)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3893436/Angela-Merkel-pressure-refugee-policy-revealed-migrants-committed-142-500-crimes-Germany-six-months-2016.html
http://www.dw.com/en/cologne-police-defend-new-years-eve-security-tactics/a-36969904

Sweden doesn't record the identity of attackers, so it's difficult to isolate the increase in the immigrant population between 2014-2016 from other factors that may have an incidence on the rate of crime.

Your first link is not evidence. It is a picture on imgur that could have been typed up in somebody's bedroom, where is the actual website it's from?

Not going to take the daily mail as fact...

Your last link doesn't tell me anything about disproportionate crimes, in fact it says that ethnic minorities are disproportionately targeted by the police in the area, not sure if this is supporting or against your arguments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many rapes occur on a daily basis. And how many rapes are reported in the newspaper. Are you saying those numbers are equal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say pretty much every rape that occurs will be published given the severity of crime:context of the paper being regional.
I'd say pretty much every rape that occurs will be published given the severity of crime:context of the paper being regional.

Do you even know how many rapes are committed regionally? I'd say we end this and agree to disagree, but logically it's impossible to imagine that a newspaper will fit in every single rape in its paper. Where would it fit? Also how about every single murder? Or every single robbery? Quite naive to think a newspaper doesn't prioritise what sells when it prints its stories.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've actually looked into this for you. Look at the following document.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/322009/response/799061/attach/html/3/FOI%20GSA%20697%2016.doc.html

You'll find that in 2016 (with information held by Manchester Police) that the majority of rape crimes the year before were actually committed by those classed as 'white British'. What we can ascertain from this is that your own fictious figure is pure folly.

Were you being racist? No, of course not. Were you being silly? Yes, extremely so.
(edited 6 years ago)
The first image, if I'm not mistaken, uses some data from this study here: https://openpsych.net/paper/50. However, I can't find its original source, so feel free to disregard it.

The PDF of the second study is found here: https://openpsych.net/files/papers/Kirkegaard_2017a.pdf
Check the correlations of the adjusted figures in Figure 7.

You can choose to ignore the Daily Mail at your own peril. However, the same increase in crime was reported by other newspapers after figures released by the German interior ministry. Take a quick peak at this Telegraph article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/migrant-crime-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/. Are you still not convinced that it's 'fact'? Or, alternatively, look at the full breakdown provided by the Gatestone Institute (https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10304/germany-migrants-crime).

If the police are tracking migrants that closely, chances are that they are committing some form of sexual harassment, and, more importantly, in public places, where the police can intervene at the time of the act (as opposed to after it has been reported by the victim). Even if you take the closer monitoring as the product of racism and nothing else, don't forget that the mass sexual assaults at Cologne were the events triggering German public awareness. I'm as of yet unaware of such mass gropings - on a scale of thousands of women - being perpetrated by German (or indeed any European) 'gangs'.

'The German data is based on suspects, not arrests or guilty verdicts. This has both advantages and disadvantages. The advantage of using suspects is that there are more suspects than persons found guilty of crime by a court which means that the base rate is higher and thus estimates are more precise. The disadvantage is that any bias in the police force will be reflected in the suspicion rates.' This is a quote from the very article you attached.

The study you attached and the telegraph article you posted, uses the term 'suspected crimes' when describing crimes that migrants are supposedly to have done. I refuse to believe that all these suspected crimes were actually carried out. We know they are disproportionately targeted by the police (your own source said so) and if we also held white indigenous populations to the same level of suspicion I'm sure we'll arrive at a similar figure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lots of certainty being thrown around, without any evidence. You're effectively making a case for such widespread racism within the German forces that the public is literally making up claims or the police are arresting immigrants left and right - at rates several times higher those of the indigenous population - that the disparity in rates is caused by this and only this.

Please, it's your time to provide some evidence. Even if there is prejudice against immigrants in the German forces, is it enough to account for the 4x higher suspicion rates?

Yes. Because institutional racism is an actual thing. As a person of colour, I know what it's like to be suspected of something purely because you belong to a certain ethnic group. Unless you can give me actual committed crimes, then I'm afraid we're wasting our time here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
What kind of idiots are you, most people that commit such crimes, pedophiles, pervert and stuff are not mostly ethnic minority. They are mostly British, stop acting like white people are perfect.
Reply 18
Original post by AlexanderHam
This is a very disturbing story. There's no question that there is a major trend of sexual crimes by recent asylum seekers and refugees coming into Europe, and that it is often sexual crimes and rapes of the sort that have been quite rare in Europe in the past (stranger rape in a public place... in Europe it has always been that the vast majority of rapes are by someone the victim knows intimately).

Go back to your middle class home or something, you just dont understand nothing about this life. Just sit home with your cup of tea in your sofa, or something or play some mine craft and keep on thinking these people are lesser than you. Even if an Asylum seeker commits such crimes, whats the big deal? Aren't they humans like you and your perfect British friends? Dont humans make mistakes. Does it mean that because they are asylum seeks they are obliged to act in a certain way? go and tell the British peadophiles and drug dealers in South America and Asia to act more diligently in these countries. Its a free country at the end of the day.
Reply 19

Have mercy, the amount of stupidity i see on this website never amazes me, damn you lot are really narrow minded idiots. Will just have to pretend that i didn't see this thread cause i might a brain cell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending