The Student Room Group

A week before A2 AQA History!

How are you guys revising for your AQA history exam? How you feeling about it? I'm doing the making of modern Britain personally but I know people are doing other topics !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im just doing loads of mindmaps to try and summarise all the information! My topics are Tudors and Russia 1917-1964, im so nervous because i got an E at AS so need to do much better this year. How are you feeling about it?
Reply 2
Original post by Ktsm
Im just doing loads of mindmaps to try and summarise all the information! My topics are Tudors and Russia 1917-1964, im so nervous because i got an E at AS so need to do much better this year. How are you feeling about it?

Im feeling a bit anxious because I need an A. I've done a few questions and made some notes but I'm gonna go over the course by making mindmaps this week. What grade do you need ?
Reply 3
Original post by FHL123
Im feeling a bit anxious because I need an A. I've done a few questions and made some notes but I'm gonna go over the course by making mindmaps this week. What grade do you need ?

I need a B but its not my strongest subject so im really hoping i manage it! Hopefully planning questions over the next wee will help prepare me. What are you going on to do after A-levels?
Reply 4
im doing making of a superpower USA and struggling so much.... got a D at AS so i really need help on revision tips, enough to get at least a B in my final exam
Reply 5
Original post by Ktsm
I need a B but its not my strongest subject so im really hoping i manage it! Hopefully planning questions over the next wee will help prepare me. What are you going on to do after A-levels?

Hopefully going to UCL. How about you? I know it's really scary- hopefully the paper will be nice !
Reply 6
Original post by FHL123
Hopefully going to UCL. How about you? I know it's really scary- hopefully the paper will be nice !

Im (hopefully) going to manchester school of art. What are you going to study? Im praying theres a really easy source question!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Ktsm
Im (hopefully) going to manchester school of art. What are you going to study? Im praying theres a really easy source question!

Economics. And I'm hoping all the questions are easy! 😂
Reply 8
Original post by FHL123
Economics. And I'm hoping all the questions are easy! 😂

Haha thats very true, fingers crossed we get nice examiners too :biggrin:
Reply 9
Could I get some revision advice? I am an AS student I have got mock exams on The making modern Britain and making of a superpower USA, I have compressed my notes down for all the different topics and now i need to go over everything again, I dont want to do mind maps so is essay plans the best way to go about this, and how do you do them effectively, thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by RS_02
Could I get some revision advice? I am an AS student I have got mock exams on The making modern Britain and making of a superpower USA, I have compressed my notes down for all the different topics and now i need to go over everything again, I dont want to do mind maps so is essay plans the best way to go about this, and how do you do them effectively, thanks! :biggrin:

Essay plans are a great way! I made bullet points agreeing and disagreeing with the arguments and checked to see if it matched the mark scheme 😁
Reply 11
A crap ton of History practice questions. Not even joking. 18 Practice Questions for Russia and I'm not even done yet. Don't get me started on Britain. :wink:)
Reply 12
Original post by achhadat
im doing making of a superpower USA and struggling so much.... got a D at AS so i really need help on revision tips, enough to get at least a B in my final exam

Make posters and bullet points to get the information in your head. Make sure you have your essay structure nailed and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by RS_02

I think essay plans are the best way about it because you can see how you need to organise and learn information (like organising into categories such as foreign policy and social aspects). Although, you could make question cards to test what you actually know. I don't do your topics, but as a general example you could have on one side of the card: 'how did Hitler rise to power' and have the answer on the other side. When you go through them all you can then see which aspect should of your course you need to work on. Hopefully this isn't too confusing 😂
Reply 14
I'm just so scared of forgetting the information last minute or AQA putting a really difficult question this year
I'm doing making of modern britain, and tsarist and communist russia! I've been freaking out because there's so much to learn but with less than a week till the russia exam i think i'm gonna focus now on essay plans and assessing sources :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by electrahearts
I'm doing making of modern britain, and tsarist and communist russia! I've been freaking out because there's so much to learn but with less than a week till the russia exam i think i'm gonna focus now on essay plans and assessing sources :smile:

Hey, that's what I've been doing. I'm happy to share with you all the essays I've done?
I've been going through my revision guide doing essay plans and analysing sources. Done a source based essay in timed conditions yesterday and it took me longer than it shouldve so I'm practising timing and plans/source analysis!
Wider reading is also a blessing too! I'm doing tudors 1485-1603 And democracy to Nazism :biggrin:
Reply 18
Is anyone else doing Industrialisation in Britain 1783-1885 on Friday?
Original post by electrahearts

Hey! I'm doing the same topics as you! Don't worry, you'll find that doing essay plans really helps you learn the content

Quick Reply