The Student Room Group

Aqa media studies a level (exam 07/06/17)

Hey guys!

Before I say anything, just want to wish you all the best of luck for all your exams!!

The one exam i am most terrified of is Media as on the paper I find section B extreamly difficult! I'm hoping someone on this forum will be able to help me and/or give advice with how to apprach the questions. My case study for identities is the LGBT community and for NADM its Isolation.

Any other questions, i am free to also help you guys out😊
good luck!!! i'm doing it for gcse's and it's an oddball subject but very unique and conventionally creative if you get what i mean!!! its a shame i cant continue it for alevels :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by saharan_skies
good luck!!! i'm doing it for gcse's and it's an oddball subject but very unique and conventionally creative if you get what i mean!!! its a shame i cant continue it for alevels :frown:

Why can't you? It is a unique subject, but it is a rather fun one too (productions wise). I'm not sure what you do at GCSE as i never took it for a GCSE. Good luck!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by lrhwaterx
Why cant you? It is a unique subject, but it is a rather fun was too (productions wise). I'm not sure what you do at GCSE as i never took it for a GCSE. Good luck!!

im going for a very science-based route (astrophysics is the goal hahah). It changes every year (the theme) and this year it's gameshows, it's been an absolutely fun and paralysing ride.
i wish i could have done it as an as or something but the school im going to go to isnt offering any as :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by saharan_skies
im going for a very science-based route (astrophysics is the goal hahah). It changes every year (the theme) and this year it's gameshows, it's been an absolutely fun and paralysing ride.
i wish i could have done it as an as or something but the school im going to go to isnt offering any as :frown:

Sounds fun!! Aw damn, that's ashamed but hey, you don't have to do this pesky section B question!!😂😂😂
Reply 5
So what you're best doing is finding different examples of your case study in each platform- broadcast, E-media, and print. These examples should show your case study in both a good and bad light, try and get examples of films and programmes and talk about how they're represented, newspaper headlines, and then look at theory too, like the queer theory. You could then also talk about how the way they are presented is very different to normal females and talk about The Male Gaze. Have a look at some past papers and brainstorm some ideas down and do like a plan so you know how to answer the question, most questions will want you to speak about the same thing, just keep referring back to your question because it is an essay. Hope this helped X
Reply 6
Hiya everyone!
I'm happy to have found this thread but it doesn't seem like many people who are doing a2 media studies have found it :frown: I would love to discuss and theorise upcoming questions for the exam with a whole group of people ^_^
For Identity, I chose North Korea because of the amount that I can say about. Most people may not think a lot to say about a subject is good but I fell down a bit of a hole last year which resulted in a crappy grade :/
For NDM, I chose to do Augmented Reality which is something I came across after downloading The Lens app by T-Mobile x Gorrilaz where it features exclusive content for the band ☺️
Reply 7
Original post by elliemcp
So what you're best doing is finding different examples of your case study in each platform- broadcast, E-media, and print. These examples should show your case study in both a good and bad light, try and get examples of films and programmes and talk about how they're represented, newspaper headlines, and then look at theory too, like the queer theory. You could then also talk about how the way they are presented is very different to normal females and talk about The Male Gaze. Have a look at some past papers and brainstorm some ideas down and do like a plan so you know how to answer the question, most questions will want you to speak about the same thing, just keep referring back to your question because it is an essay. Hope this helped X

Thankyou for this advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending