The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what the dress code is for HMRC?
Original post by nathan5055

Business casual but jeans are fine. No football shirts or offensive messages. Pretty much anything really 😊
Original post by nathan5055

Was at HMRC Nottingham office yesterday and their dressing was very casual.
Saw ladies in jeans and sling tops.
Original post by Aqhsa
I been having unique calls its like I have used every tool in the system now lol

yeah got my shifts now start rota on tuesday thank god for bank holiday haha
yeah starting to ask for less and less help each day feeling way more confident then i did on the first live call was bricking it nw just feels like routine ha

are you on tax credits ?
Got an email about what to bring on the first day employment.
I have to provide "details of any other job for which you are paid, and any pension or benefits you receive"

Does that mean all my jobs in history or just the previous one?
Did anyone in Manchester get a contact name for their first day? On my formal offer email it says to go to reception and someone will meet me there, did people just state their name and what they where there for? Also is anyone starting on Monday in Manchester?
Original post by Carmen1999
Got an email about what to bring on the first day employment.
I have to provide "details of any other job for which you are paid, and any pension or benefits you receive"

Does that mean all my jobs in history or just the previous one?

That means if you have another job and you use some or all of your personal
allowance with that job. Will be rare I guess.

Take your P45. This will give your earnings etc. in the 16/17 tax year.
Original post by Rhonddaguy
That means if you have another job and you use some or all of your personal
allowance with that job. Will be rare I guess.

Take your P45. This will give your earnings etc. in the 16/17 tax year.

Thanks~~~
Original post by Carmen1999
Thanks~~~

sorry 17/18 not 16/17
Had some good news finally. Just received my formal offer with a start date of 17th July in Birmingham. Thanks to the guys on here who answered my queries.
Original post by Lochymac
Had some good news finally. Just received my formal offer with a start date of 17th July in Birmingham. Thanks to the guys on here who answered my queries.

Well done
Hi all, anyone waiting for news for Newcastle? Got my provisional offer in April. Apparently my PECs are all done, just waiting for an email/ phone call
Finally received a formal offer for Bathgate. Had a choice of start dates 19/06 or 26/06 further start dates offered were 24/08 then 04/09 or 18/09. Accepted and opted for 26/06. Been a long process took forever for PECs to be completed. Provisional offer was issued on the 27/02 delay seems to be down to health referral process. OHAssist telephone consultation was conducted at the end of March.
So relieved to have received formal offer. Hope everyone still waiting on formal offer don't have much longer to wait.
Original post by Oshortone
Finally received a formal offer for Bathgate. Had a choice of start dates 19/06 or 26/06 further start dates offered were 24/08 then 04/09 or 18/09. Accepted and opted for 26/06. Been a long process took forever for PECs to be completed. Provisional offer was issued on the 27/02 delay seems to be down to health referral process. OHAssist telephone consultation was conducted at the end of March.
So relieved to have received formal offer. Hope everyone still waiting on formal offer don't have much longer to wait.

Well done and thanks.
Hi all congrats to all who have recieved offers I just wanted to ask I'm due to start on the 5th what is the dress code for HMRC?
Original post by Nas08
Hi all congrats to all who have recieved offers I just wanted to ask I'm due to start on the 5th what is the dress code for HMRC?

Hi I found this on one of the candidate pack frequently asked questions section. It may not apply to the training period but could not find anything to say that.

What is the dress code? HMRC doesn’t have a formal dress code but smart casual is quite acceptable. When meeting the public you are representing the department and should dress smartly.

Previously saw posts on hear saying people were wearing jeans and tops during training but unsure of this is down to location. Hope this helps. Good luck for the 5th.
Original post by Nas08

I would personally go with no jeans, trainers, football tops, slogans ect as the standard and you cant really go wrong.
Does anyone know the phone number for HMRC HR department? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Nas08

Hi, are you in personal tax or debt management department?
Good luck for Monday. I start on the 19th. Keep us posted on how things go.
Original post by phili20
Hi, are you in personal tax or debt management department?
Good luck for Monday. I start on the 19th. Keep us posted on how things go.

Hi I'm in personal tax and yeah will keep u updated on how things go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending