The Student Room Group

Physics help

I don't know anything about physics can someone please explain an easy method for additional science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Watch Primrose Kitten, Miss Brooms revision and Study Smart Science on YouTube, and do all the activities and tests for P2 on BBC Bitesize. They should have videos/ resources for your specification.
The CGP revision guides got me through physics in a week, if you can try those.
CGP!
i know a really good method. It helped me lock on As so far in the papers we've done.
A few exam strategy tips:

If you don't know the answer to a maths question, show some working or make an educated guess. If you literally have no idea, at least write something (I usually tell people to write 10 since it's easy). You may be asked to use that answer for the next part of the question, and if you can do that, error-carried-forward marks mean that you can get full marks on that second part.

Write in units even if you don't know the answer. Pay special attention to strange units like C (Coulombs) and J/kgoC (specific heat capacity).

Keep referring to the equation sheet. I pretty much know them all off by heart because I use them so much, but I still refer to them just in case.

If you tend to run out of time, do the short-answer questions first. They give you the most marks per minute.

If you get asked to find the mean of a set of data, there will ALWAYS be an anomaly. Find it and exclude it.

Use question information. Sometimes all a question is asking you to do is understand the information given and summarise it.

Know the difference between "Describe" and "Explain". If you're asked to describe a graph, say what you see and quote data. If you have to explain, do the same but say why the pattern is the way it is.

Reply 6
Original post by TheMindGarage
A few exam strategy tips:

If you don't know the answer to a maths question, show some working or make an educated guess. If you literally have no idea, at least write something (I usually tell people to write 10 since it's easy). You may be asked to use that answer for the next part of the question, and if you can do that, error-carried-forward marks mean that you can get full marks on that second part.

Write in units even if you don't know the answer. Pay special attention to strange units like C (Coulombs) and J/kgoC (specific heat capacity).

Keep referring to the equation sheet. I pretty much know them all off by heart because I use them so much, but I still refer to them just in case.

If you tend to run out of time, do the short-answer questions first. They give you the most marks per minute.

If you get asked to find the mean of a set of data, there will ALWAYS be an anomaly. Find it and exclude it.

Use question information. Sometimes all a question is asking you to do is understand the information given and summarise it.

Know the difference between "Describe" and "Explain". If you're asked to describe a graph, say what you see and quote data. If you have to explain, do the same but say why the pattern is the way it is.

?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by tasha_tah
CGP!

How do you revise from them?

I'm planning to make flash cards on noting key bits

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
How do you revise from them?

I'm planning to make flash cards on noting key bits

Posted from TSR Mobile

notes/cue cards and then questions in the book:h:
Go through the spec, outline what you don't know, work on it and hit the past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest