The Student Room Group

Do men ever get 'raped'?

The modern prejudice is that sexual harassment towards men isn't taken real enough, it's only really a serious problem when it's done against a woman. Media help to promote this as in some movies (eg- That's my boy) female teachers are seen to be flirting with male students - everyone has a laugh. But what if it was the other way around, would it be pedophilia? Why is the modern world so double standard?

Scroll to see replies

because physically, men ARE more dominant.

Men get raped by men, yes

Men cannot get raped by women though
Yes, they can be.

Sex without consent is rape, it's that simple.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 2281303

But they can sure as hell be sexually harassed or abused by a woman, at gunpoint for instance.
Original post by SixthAge
But they can sure as hell be sexually harassed or abused by a woman, at gunpoint for instance.

Tru
Yes men can get raped by both men and women, but very few straight secular man would refuse a free blowjob by a woman. xD
Reply 6
Original post by 2281303

You're a nonce
Original post by NoahMal
You're a nonce

no
Reply 8
Original post by 2281303
no

" men can't get raped by women"

You're either some gay tree hugging nonce face

or a retard
Of course they can get raped. Sex without consent is rape. Anyone having sex with a man that has not consented is rape. It doesn't matter if a man OR a woman raped them. It's still rape, that's the end of it.

It's a sad state of affairs that anyone at all is raped, and that it is more likely for a woman to be raped, but that does not then mean that a man cannot be raped by a woman. Of course they can.

/thread
Yes, sex without consent is rape. It's as simple as that.
Difference is the female will go out and report it and be given care the man goes won't say **** or he'll be called a *****. Of course it's not always the case but the numbers are highly impacted by this. More males are raped than people would think. Also females don't just consider sex without consent rape. Soooo many feminists will think cat calling and **** is rape that's how retarded some people can get. But i do think a large majority of rape is not from external people but a lot can come from domestic encounters e.g the parent/brother/uncle. These are a part of the statistic and are common in both sex's.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Yes, sex without consent is rape. It's as simple as that.

Are we sisters?
My brothers and sisters
there is no such thing as a man getting raped. Besides by another man. end of discussion.
Reply 14
Original post by Silemarine
Yes men can get raped by both men and women, but very few straight secular man would refuse a free blowjob by a woman. xD

Desperate.

And only a man can rape in the UK. A woman can only sexually assault someone.
Original post by 2281303

They can though. The definition of rape is to have no consent during sexual activities. Therefore, in some situations, may not be consenting, which goes against their will, and is hence rape
You know the answer to your question.

You were aiming for controversy but you failed because you've ended up with a very generic, bog standard discussion.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Paracosm
Of course they can get raped. Sex without consent is rape. Anyone having sex with a man that has not consented is rape. It doesn't matter if a man OR a woman raped them. It's still rape, that's the end of it.

It's a sad state of affairs that anyone at all is raped, and that it is more likely for a woman to be raped, but that does not then mean that a man cannot be raped by a woman. Of course they can.

/thread

According to English law, a woman can't rape a man, because a penis is necessary.

I think this is controversial, but so does many. The main sticking point for me is statutory rape. Sex can be seemingly consenting, but with a minor it will always be considered rape due to a lack of capacity to consent.
Why can't that logic apply to a mature woman and a young boy?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Twinpeaks
According to English law, a woman can't rape a man, because a penis is necessary.

What if a woman cuts the mans penis off, and rapes him with his own penis?
Original post by Twinpeaks

I think this is controversial, but so does many. The main sticking point for me is statutory rape. Sex can be seemingly consenting, but with a minor it will always be considered rape due to a lack of capacity to consent.
Why can't that logic apply to a mature woman and a young boy?

With respect, the law then needs to be changed. As that's obviously not the case. It's still rape.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending