The Student Room Group

Msc Finance UCL maths test

Hi, I've applied to UCL MSc Finance and they've asked me to take a maths test. Is there anyone who has done it that could provide advice as to what sort of questions come up and the overall test structure?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Integration, limits, sets, solving system of equations using matrices, differentiation were the ones in mine. Can't say if its going to be the same for everyone. Total 10 questions. One hour timed test. All the best!
Reply 2
Thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 3
hey ive got the test to do this week just interested whether they check working or just want answers
Reply 4
Wow the math test sounds daunting. Is the difficulty higher than the standard GCE 0 levels in UK? or is it mainly because it has been some time since you last practice it?
Reply 5
Original post by flacko123
hey ive got the test to do this week just interested whether they check working or just want answers

It's multiple choice so workings don't matter
Reply 6
Original post by ZMC.D
Wow the math test sounds daunting. Is the difficulty higher than the standard GCE 0 levels in UK? or is it mainly because it has been some time since you last practice it?

By 0 levels I assume you mean GCSE's and so yes it is. You'd need to have done A level maths to have an understanding I would say
Reply 7
Original post by Rebo12
By 0 levels I assume you mean GCSE's and so yes it is. You'd need to have done A level maths to have an understanding I would say

Ahh thanks for the reply! darn its gonna be tough since i didn't take A levels and went for the diploma route hah!
Reply 8
Hi, has everyone who has done the maths test got the topics mentioned earlier?
Reply 9
Hey I was wondering did you get the same topics mentioned earlier?
Original post by ZMC.D
Ahh thanks for the reply! darn its gonna be tough since i didn't take A levels and went for the diploma route hah!

They just asked me to do the maths test and I have not done with maths things for nearly a year (I am currently taking an internship at IMF). Any recommendations for the test and interview? Thanks a lot
Reply 11
Original post by dev.d
Integration, limits, sets, solving system of equations using matrices, differentiation were the ones in mine. Can't say if its going to be the same for everyone. Total 10 questions. One hour timed test. All the best!
And how many of these 10 questions you need to answer to pass the test?
Original post by vahman
And how many of these 10 questions you need to answer to pass the test?

they do not give any results. If you pass, you get the interview invitation, Otherwise, you will be rejected.
Reply 13
Original post by tst123456789
they do not give any results. If you pass, you get the interview invitation, Otherwise, you will be rejected.

And is the test like this (this one just has 30 questions) ? Or easier ?
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/clie/placement-tests/UPC/complete.php?exercise=Maths
Reply 14
I had all the topics mentioned by dev.d on my math test. I would recommend to prepare in advance, because some questions were a bit tricky.
Has anyone in this thread received an offer?
Reply 16
Original post by DiorHomie

I got my offer in June. Have you got one yet?
Original post by DiorHomie

Yep I got my offer about 5 weeks ago
Original post by kms.rrs
I got my offer in June. Have you got one yet?

Original post by morganddavies
Yep I got my offer about 5 weeks ago

Yeah, applied on the deadline so mine just came through. Are you both accepting?
Just got offer last Friday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending