The Student Room Group

it takes 6 weeks to process my SF application, how can this be right??? is this wrong

i've been told by student room and it also states on the SF website, that once my parent's have filled in the household income form ONLINE, it can take up to 6 weeks for my application being processed.

However i have friends who received their notification of entitlement letters within a week of their parents filling in their household income form online. So why was this, that they received their notification of entitlement letter so quick, whereas sr and sf are saying it could take up to 6 weeks for my application to be processed?

could it just take a week for my application to be processed also?

im confused, thanks evryone.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student5365968
i've been told by student room and it also states on the SF website, that once my parent's have filled in the household income form ONLINE, it can take up to 6 weeks for my application being processed.

However i have friends who received their notification of entitlement letters within a week of their parents filling in their household income form online. So why was this, that they received their notification of entitlement letter so quick, whereas sr and sf are saying it could take up to 6 weeks for my application to be processed?

could it just take a week for my application to be processed also?

im confused, thanks evryone.

It's a guide. Note it says "up to" and not will take 6 weeks".
some students can submit an app and be fully approved the next day
Original post by Tiger Rag
It's a guide. Note it says "up to" and not will take 6 weeks".

oh okay thank you, so how long may it take for my application to be processed, when my parent's have filled in the household income? perhaps from your experience, or other people you know experiences?
will it take 'up to 6 weeks' every time to process my application, once my parent's send evidence( after sf have requested)?

thanks tiger rag
Depends how busy SFE is

Posted from TSR Mobile
You might as well ask how long a piece of string is. No one can tell you. It depends how busy they are and whether they need any more information.
If the planets align and they spy the goats vertebrae in the cows intestine, you may get it back within 2 weeks.

Basically, SFE are the least consistent and most notoriously difficult and arbitrary bureaucracy you'll encounter, so don't expect anything from them and you'll only be occasionally disappointed.
Original post by murpo
some students can submit an app and be fully approved the next day

oh okay, and these 'students' , what is normally their situation in terms of household income? ie low income or don't need much finance from sf. thanks
Original post by artful_lounger
If the planets align and they spy the goats vertebrae in the cows intestine, you may get it back within 2 weeks.

Basically, SFE are the least consistent and most notoriously difficult and arbitrary bureaucracy you'll encounter, so don't expect anything from them and you'll only be occasionally disappointed.

i guess i could get my notification of entitlement within a week or two then. Wouudl you say Sf is busy during End of may/June or july? It'd be busiest during August i'd say, for SF applicaions that are last minute due to clearing.
It depends on your circumstances, mine took one week to be approved
Original post by Kravence
It depends on your circumstances, mine took one week to be approved

thanks for the reply. Not meaning to be personal or anything, but what was your circumstances? Mine will defenetily be low-middle income household income, with me nearly max. of the maintenance loan. i'm dependent of my parent's and will be a full time student. Similar?
I got the same message and was approved within a day lol.
thanks for the reply. Not meaning to be personal or anything, but what was your circumstances? Mine will defenetily be low-middle income household income, with me nearly max. of the maintenance loan. i'm dependent of my parent's and will be a full time student. Similar?

Yeah, pretty much the same
Yeah, pretty much the same

thanks,so my application should take a week, or few weeks hopefully then, fingers crossed.
Did SF request any additional evidence ie p60s from your parent's?
thanks alot
thanks,so my application should take a week, or few weeks hopefully then, fingers crossed.
Did SF request any additional evidence ie p60s from your parent's?
thanks alot

Yeah they did however it was approved before it was sent, the same happened for one of my friends. I'm not sure if that was done on purpose or accidentally
Yeah they did however it was approved before it was sent, the same happened for one of my friends. I'm not sure if that was done on purpose or accidentally

do you mean sf aked for evidence, after your application had been approved? thanks
Reply 16
Just be patient. No one can tell you how long it will take.
do you mean sf aked for evidence, after your application had been approved? thanks

They asked before but it was approved before I send it
i guess i could get my notification of entitlement within a week or two then. Wouudl you say Sf is busy during End of may/June or july? It'd be busiest during August i'd say, for SF applicaions that are last minute due to clearing.

It's fairly busy throughout the summer; keep in mind fewer people apply (successfully) through clearing than through the main allocation period, despite what the guardian might suggest. While its expanded a lot, most of the volume is going through yhe exam periods.

Why is it so important you get it quickly anyway? You won't be starting till sept st the earliest and most haven't done any exams yet. The phrase "a watched pot never boils" comes to mind :tongue:
Original post by artful_lounger
It's fairly busy throughout the summer; keep in mind fewer people apply (successfully) through clearing than through the main allocation period, despite what the guardian might suggest. While its expanded a lot, most of the volume is going through yhe exam periods.

Why is it so important you get it quickly anyway? You won't be starting till sept st the earliest and most haven't done any exams yet. The phrase "a watched pot never boils" comes to mind :tongue:

i never knew fewer people apply successfully for SF through clearing, why might this be?
won't less people be making their sf applications now may - july, as this is exam peroid??
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending