The Student Room Group

Got 58% in my second year which is a 2:2. Wondering about final year.

My second year counts 40% towards my final degree and my final year is 60% towards final degree.

Confused about this, if anyone can help me out would be great.

I got 58% overall in my second year, in order to get a 2:1 or 2:2 overall for my degree what would I need in my final year.

If someone can explain how much my second year is worth towards my final degree would help.

Unless I havnt understood properly, just confused a bit lol.

Thanks
Just do your assignments and find out. Does it make a difference knowing the minimum you need? Do your best and move on.
If you can't do that simple calculation to find out how much you need to get in your third year then you do in-fact deserve that 58% overall
Reply 3
Original post by LetMeLive
If you can't do that simple calculation to find out how much you need to get in your third year then you do in-fact deserve that 58% overall

Helpful thanks 👍🏾
Assuming your uni rounds up percentages, you'd need 61% average in third year to get 60% (2:1) overall.
Reply 5
Original post by Exceptional
Assuming your uni rounds up percentages, you'd need 61% average in third year to get 60% (2:1) overall.

I see, I assumed this much wasn't sure. Guess I've got to work harder.

Thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous300
I see, I assumed this much wasn't sure. Guess I've got to work harder.

Thanks!

Computer Science just needs a lot of hard work really.

60% is more than doable, don't aim for a Desmond, it's gonna be an uphill task to find a job if you do.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
Computer Science just needs a lot of hard work really.

60% is more than doable, don't aim for a Desmond, it's gonna be an uphill task to find a job if you do.

Hopefully!

Also What's a Desmond. Lol
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous300
Hopefully!

Also What's a Desmond. Lol

Desmond meaning 2:2

As in Desmond Tutu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending