The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Huge headache and hungry and thirsty 2day
Original post by BintM
Tried wiping it off with tissue and hand gel because i didn't have my wipes on me 😂
It failed. Birds are mean :frown:

Yeah, they can be annoying at times. :colonhash:
Original post by emerald7770
Huge headache and hungry and thirsty 2day

I have a headache too :frown: with eye ache
Fasting, nah? When u finish fasting, what do u do? pray, then eat?

Is everything ok, sis? :console:
How's ur fasting?
(edited 6 years ago)
Utter rubbish. Can't talk with anyone rn.
Ibi jabust wbant tobo be lebeft ablabone.
Idc. Whatever.
Original post by Reshyna
I have a headache too :frown: with eye ache
Fasting, nah? When u finish fasting, what do u do? pray, then eat?

Eye ache! boi do i feel sorry for YOU. I'm fasting for sure. Well i usually just go to bed after i pray and eat then wake up to eat then pray. cba to do anything and revision has not been going well as i cant focus whilst fasting and when we eat, after that i get super duper tired so revision doesnt even come to thought. but imma try today. what about you?
Eye ache! boi do i feel sorry for YOU. I'm fasting for sure. Well i usually just go to bed after i pray and eat then wake up to eat then pray. cba to do anything and revision has not been going well as i cant focus whilst fasting and when we eat, after that i get super duper tired so revision doesnt even come to thought. but imma try today. what about you?

I don't fast
My username may seem like Islamic, but my real name isn't
I'm a hindu,and I chose that name coz of,...er...personal reasons
I usually get these eye ache and headache, and I find hard to focus,lol, especially mathematics problem solving and stuff. But luckily I'm taking exams in October, I was gonna do it this month, but changed my mind coz I needed more time for exam preparation

:K:
Get well soon Fifi sis :hugs:
Everything will be fine
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Reshyna
I don't fast
My username may seem like Islamic, but my real name isn't
I'm a hindu,and I chose that name coz of,...er...personal reasons
I usually get these eye ache and headache, and I find hard to focus,lol, especially mathematics problem solving and stuff. But luckily I'm taking exams in October, I was gonna do it this month, but changed my mind coz I needed more time for exam preparation

Ohh ok. No it's not your name, idk i just assumed you were muslim!
eye ache like that seems painful and annoying, i wouldve went to the doctors
wait... you can choose pick and choose when you want to take them?!
Ohh ok. No it's not your name, idk i just assumed you were muslim!
eye ache like that seems painful and annoying, i wouldve went to the doctors
wait... you can choose pick and choose when you want to take them?!

I don't go to the doctors
Coz medicines don't work for me, nah they don't
No no. I'm 14 and I self teach Edexcel AS (IAL), I never had the idea of taking Decision maths and stats, and I was preparing myself only for the other subjects, but in january, when my parents asked me, I told them, and they were like, I should take all subjects, I started in mid-Jan and finished them exactly 2 days before the exam registration deadline, but I knew that 2 months was not enough for me to finish all past papers and revision, so I just, u know, decided to take in oct
Original post by Reshyna
I don't go to the doctors
Coz medicines don't work for me, nah they don't
No no. I'm 14 and I self teach Edexcel AS (IAL), I never had the idea of taking Decision maths and stats, and I was preparing myself only for the other subjects, but in january, when my parents asked me, I told them, and they were like, I should take all subjects, I started in mid-Jan and finished them exactly 2 days before the exam registration deadline, but I knew that 2 months was not enough for me to finish all past papers and revision, so I just, u know, decided to take in oct

You're 14? Geez thought you were at least 19 lol. Ah ur pretty stressed out for a 14 yr old. So wait lemme get this straight, you're self teaching a levels at 14?!! so when do you go uni? like at 16?
You're 14? Geez thought you were at least 19 lol. Ah ur pretty stressed out for a 14 yr old. So wait lemme get this straight, you're self teaching a levels at 14?!! so when do you go uni? like at 16?

Haha, not 19
My friends are all elder than me, but I ain't
I'm turning 15 in September
Ya, I am
Ya, I think so, when I'm 16+
Original post by Reshyna
Haha, not 19
My friends are all elder than me, but I ain't
I'm turning 15 in September
Ya, I am
Ya, I think so, when I'm 16+

sO You did your gcses at 13? hmmm very interesting! :smile: what do you want to become one day and you're doing maths and what else?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I'm feeling good. A solid performance in a pretty challenging exam. Could be looking at around 90. Feel less apprehensive about the others now.

Which one was this?
(Told you you'd definitely get a first :tongue:, probably a high first too.)
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Which one was this?
(Told you you'd definitely get a first :tongue:, probably a high first too.)

Metric Spaces. I'm paranoid a little because it's a bit like Analysis, and in Analysis II I could only really dock myself five or so marks but I dropped 14, so I imagine I'll do less good than that prediction; to be fair there's literally only 2 marks I'm absolutely 100% sure I don't have, but in another question (spoilered to protect those repelled by mathematics)

Spoiler

Metric Spaces. I'm paranoid a little because it's a bit like Analysis, and in Analysis II I could only really dock myself five or so marks but I dropped 14, so I imagine I'll do less good than that prediction; to be fair there's literally only 2 marks I'm absolutely 100% sure I don't have, but in another question (spoilered to protect those repelled by mathematics)

Spoiler

Well those marks that you docked could easily be scaled up, assuming that other people found the paper challenging, which they probably did considering that you did.

I made a similar trivial mistake in Abstract Algebra (which by the way was just as trivial as all the past papers which were literally as easy as C3/4 papers, except since it was the real thing, being me, I had to find somewhere to mess up).
We had to prove that Z^2 was not cyclic. So I just let (a,b) be the generator and started my argument saying that there's a positive integer n with n(a,b)=(1,1). I know this is trivial but it's a definite mark lost, so probs no 100% :frown:.
Also I missed that they asked for the order of a certain matrix in a 10 marker. Only spotted this by chance with 10 min left, and then froze for a bit before composing myself and getting it done, phew.
Well those marks that you docked could easily be scaled up, assuming that other people found the paper challenging, which they probably did considering that you did.

I made a similar trivial mistake in Abstract Algebra (which by the way was just as trivial as all the past papers which were literally as easy as C3/4 papers, except since it was the real thing, being me, I had to find somewhere to mess up).
We had to prove that Z^2 was not cyclic. So I just let (a,b) be the generator and started my argument saying that there's a positive integer n with n(a,b)=(1,1). I know this is trivial but it's a definite mark lost, so probs no 100% :frown:.
Also I missed that they asked for the order of a certain matrix in a 10 marker. Only spotted this by chance with 10 min left, and then froze for a bit before composing myself and getting it done, phew.

I think most would say they did average. I should imagine the average will be around a standard 60-something and they won't need to scale. Tbh the majority of the exam I wasn't challenged exactly, it was more sort of recognition that this was a relatively hard exam. Like when I sat C3 and easily got 100 but I came out of thinking it was a hard one, just in comparison to others. I was just quite prepared for metric spaces and in general I'm quite good at modules of that ilk. Something like 85 would be great for a second year module though and I'm gonna be very happy with 80+ this year I think. Lol @ Abstract Algebra. Last year I did everything right except on a rotational symmetries question it asked us to describe some compositions and I described them straight-up as those compositions rather than saying which reflection of rotation it was. Got 94 I think.
I think most would say they did average. I should imagine the average will be around a standard 60-something and they won't need to scale. Tbh the majority of the exam I wasn't challenged exactly, it was more sort of recognition that this was a relatively hard exam. Like when I sat C3 and easily got 100 but I came out of thinking it was a hard one, just in comparison to others. I was just quite prepared for metric spaces and in general I'm quite good at modules of that ilk. Something like 85 would be great for a second year module though and I'm gonna be very happy with 80+ this year I think. Lol @ Abstract Algebra. Last year I did everything right except on a rotational symmetries question it asked us to describe some compositions and I described them straight-up as those compositions rather than saying which reflection of rotation it was. Got 94 I think.

Yeah I got that feeling especially when doing certain STEP Qs, could do the whole Q pretty comfortably but could appreciate that it was a harder one.

Not sure why they make the Abstract Algebra exam so trivial compared to most of the other exams. People were telling us that Intro to Geometry was an easy exam at the start of the year but definitely wasn't as effortless as AA. We sat it today actually and luckily my rote memory worked its magic for most questions lol.

What's funny (and something you may not be aware of) is that this year they introduced a new topic on stereographic projection and inversion (I think it's new anyway) which is way more complicated than all the really elementary stuff in the module. So naturally I knew that one optional Q would be focused on that, otherwise what's the point of introducing that topic. So I decided to just not learn it properly and do the other two. In the exam it came up, looked as horrific as I expected it to be and so did the other (easy) question. I'm convinced that no sane person would've chosen that question as one of their two, but maybe I'm exaggerating how much harder it looked. So that was probably a waste of a new topic lol.
too much work, my feet hurt
Yeah I got that feeling especially when doing certain STEP Qs, could do the whole Q pretty comfortably but could appreciate that it was a harder one.

Not sure why they make the Abstract Algebra exam so trivial compared to most of the other exams. People were telling us that Intro to Geometry was an easy exam at the start of the year but definitely wasn't as effortless as AA. We sat it today actually and luckily my rote memory worked its magic for most questions lol.

What's funny (and something you may not be aware of) is that this year they introduced a new topic on stereographic projection and inversion (I think it's new anyway) which is way more complicated than all the really elementary stuff in the module. So naturally I knew that one optional Q would be focused on that, otherwise what's the point of introducing that topic. So I decided to just not learn it properly and do the other two. In the exam it came up, looked as horrific as I expected it to be and so did the other (easy) question. I'm convinced that no sane person would've chosen that question as one of their two, but maybe I'm exaggerating how much harder it looked. So that was probably a waste of a new topic lol.

I feel like I only did easy STEP questions lol. Well actually there was this Mechanics one with a machine gun, dunno if you ever saw it, I got that and I don't think it was remotely popular. But otherwise..

Abstract Algebra is significantly easier than Intro to Geometry imo. I've never thought Intro to Geometry was all that trivial. I mean sure, the exam usually does its best to be easy relative to the content, but it took me some time to understand the proofs. I suppose I've just never been particularly good at geometry.

Don't even know what that means lol. Yeah I think last year Q3 was much harder than Q2. IIRC Q2 was literally an assignment question haha.
I feel like I only did easy STEP questions lol. Well actually there was this Mechanics one with a machine gun, dunno if you ever saw it, I got that and I don't think it was remotely popular. But otherwise..

Abstract Algebra is significantly easier than Intro to Geometry imo. I've never thought Intro to Geometry was all that trivial. I mean sure, the exam usually does its best to be easy relative to the content, but it took me some time to understand the proofs. I suppose I've just never been particularly good at geometry.

Don't even know what that means lol. Yeah I think last year Q3 was much harder than Q2. IIRC Q2 was literally an assignment question haha.

I did that machine gun question in practice, was fun but probably took a little too long on it.

Yeah it's not as easy as people make it out to be; I was somewhat worried for this exam. But I managed to rote memorise everything in the end and luckily what I answered was mostly doable because of what I had memorised.

Tbf I was able do last year's Q3 quite comfortably. I think it's actually all bookwork (and LOL @ 4 marks for state Pythag, it was actually 5 on one paper IIRC). This year's Q3 was so nasty and out of place with the rest of the module and everything else that has ever been in papers, it was just funny. So this year's paper was basically no different to previous years, except this year it was simply two compulsory Qs lol.

Should probably add that I'm somewhat bricking it for Prob A tomorrow. The 5 marker at the end of Q1 on the mock paper has scared me for tomorrow.
(edited 6 years ago)
I did that machine gun question in practice, was fun but probably took a little too long on it.

Yeah it's not as easy as people make it out to be; I was somewhat worried for this exam. But I managed to rote memorise everything in the end and luckily what I answered was mostly doable because of what I had memorised.

Tbf I was able do last year's Q3 quite comfortably. I think it's actually all bookwork (and LOL @ 4 marks for state Pythag, it was actually 5 on one paper IIRC). This year's Q3 was so nasty and out of place with the rest of the module and everything else that has ever been in papers, it was just funny. So this year's paper was basically no different to previous years, except this year it was simply two compulsory Qs lol.

Should probably add that I'm somewhat bricking it for Prob A tomorrow. The 5 marker at the end of Q1 on the mock paper has scared me for tomorrow.

Yeah I think I just got a bit stressed in the Intro to Geometry exam. But I got confused by your post, I was talking about Abstract Algebra when I said Q3 was hard (well, harder to the extent that nobody did it). I don't remember which one Q3 was in Intro to Geometry. I did the one that wasn't on 3D space anyway.

Prob A is pretty much piss, I say that when it was my worst module but I am 100% convinced that was just some pissed off marker who couldn't read my handwriting.

Latest