The Student Room Group

First interview, universal credit?

Sorry to ask this here, lack of places to ask.

I'm wondering if you can go to the first Universal Credit interview with just a recent passport, bank statement (which also proves my address), and national insurance card? Do I NEED to bring a birth certificate along? I lost mine. I know I can buy one but I'd rather not :P.

Thanks!
Original post by august11
Sorry to ask this here, lack of places to ask.

I'm wondering if you can go to the first Universal Credit interview with just a recent passport, bank statement (which also proves my address), and national insurance card? Do I NEED to bring a birth certificate along? I lost mine. I know I can buy one but I'd rather not :P.

Thanks!

Have they asked you to take documentation along? Think what you have will be fine. Passport is a key identifying document.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Have they asked you to take documentation along? Think what you have will be fine. Passport is a key identifying document.

Funnily enough the only link to not work was the documents to bring along >;(
I think I'll probably been fine too.

Thanks!!
Original post by august11
Funnily enough the only link to not work was the documents to bring along >;(
I think I'll probably been fine too.

Thanks!!

Here you go.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/interview/prepare-for-your-interview/
Reply 4
When I went for my interview they wanted 2 forms of ID and a letter with an address. So they asked to see a photo ID (provisional drivers licence), another form (bank card) and a letter with my address on it (Vodafone bill) they were more than happy with this. If you have any issues you can use the updates part when you log into gov.uk to leave a note for an advisor who will get back to you if you're unsure. It normally takes them around 24hours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending