The Student Room Group

iGCSE Cambridge Additional Maths or iGCSE Edexcel Further Pure Mathematics

Hello, just wondering if there was a difference between iGCSE Cambridge Additional Maths and iGCSE Edexcel Further Pure Mathematics.
Original post by Darkslasher
Hello, just wondering if there was a difference between iGCSE Cambridge Additional Maths and iGCSE Edexcel Further Pure Mathematics.

hey, additional maths is not a GCSE. I'm doing it this year, it is nearly As level standard and covers a lot of A level topics, whereas further maths is another GCSE.
Original post by justwannapass
hey, additional maths is not a GCSE. I'm doing it this year, it is nearly As level standard and covers a lot of A level topics, whereas further maths is another GCSE.

I'm talking about the International GCSE (IGCSE)

I sat IGCSE Add Maths this year. Edexcels and Cambridge Internationals spec isn't exactly the same. They both cover a lot of the A level spec, but Add Maths goes more in depth though. They are equivalent qualifications
I'm talking about the International GCSE (IGCSE)

Oh, sorry that is not what I am doing...
how many maths are offered at the GCSE and iGCSE levels? I'm looking at the distance education options and most only list one option. Is there an option to sit the Additional Math as a private candidate if its not offered through any distance providers?
Edexcel further pure maths is by far the hardest maths GCSE / IGCSE. I've looked at ocr add maths and edexcel further pure and the edexcel further pure goes way more in depth in topics like calculus and trig and also includes topics like logarithms that i don't think any other maths GCSEs cover :smile:
Original post by Lexi4096
Edexcel further pure maths is by far the hardest maths GCSE / IGCSE. I've looked at ocr add maths and edexcel further pure and the edexcel further pure goes way more in depth in topics like calculus and trig and also includes topics like logarithms that i don't think any other maths GCSEs cover :smile:

The CIE Add Maths syllabus covers all the topics you mentioned
http://www.cambridgeinternational.org/images/203403-2017-2019-syllabus.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending