The Student Room Group

Leiden University Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jenn13497
Awesome, good luck! Have you applied for the introduction week? Maybe see you there!

Still not but I will ! :-)
Yes we will see us there !
Have you already found a room ? xD
Original post by justaprank
Still not but I will ! :-)
Yes we will see us there !
Have you already found a room ? xD

I've just applied for housing via the uni, because doing it myself proved to be quite a hassle! Have you?
Reply 22
Hey, I also got a conditional offer for BA IRO, it said that I need 3 C's at A-level, so not too specific. I hope that helps :smile: Good luck with your exams!

Ahh awesome, that's what I was hoping tbh! Thanks, you too:smile:) have you applied for the induction week? :smile:
Original post by #gabby#
Ahh awesome, that's what I was hoping tbh! Thanks, you too:smile:) have you applied for the induction week? :smile:

Not yet, but I'm going to! It looks pretty fun :smile: have you found any housing yet?
Reply 24
Not yet, but I'm going to! It looks pretty fun :smile: have you found any housing yet?

Yeh same, I'll hopefully apply this week - looks great!:smile: Ugh it's pretty annoying because the uni pretty much said they couldn't find accommodation for me because there have been so many applicants!:frown: so I'm trying to find some on my own! How about you?
Original post by #gabby#
Yeh same, I'll hopefully apply this week - looks great!:smile: Ugh it's pretty annoying because the uni pretty much said they couldn't find accommodation for me because there have been so many applicants!:frown: so I'm trying to find some on my own! How about you?

Really? I just applied for housing via the university today, I didn't realise the deadline was tomorrow! Did you pay the registration fee? Surely they must be able to provide something 😬 I tried finding some myself too but it ended up being sooo complicated 🙄
Reply 26
Really? I just applied for housing via the university today, I didn't realise the deadline was tomorrow! Did you pay the registration fee? Surely they must be able to provide something 😬 I tried finding some myself too but it ended up being sooo complicated 🙄

Haha, I applied to the uni one day before the deadline:') yes I paid the registration fee, but I'm pretty sure it's refundable if they aren't able to provide housing for you..hopefully! Well I'm really hoping they'll find me something, I'll literally take anything aha!! Yeh it's soo complicated, especially when you're not Dutch yourself:/ whereabouts are you from if you don't mind me asking?:smile:
Original post by #gabby#
Haha, I applied to the uni one day before the deadline:':wink: yes I paid the registration fee, but I'm pretty sure it's refundable if they aren't able to provide housing for you..hopefully! Well I'm really hoping they'll find me something, I'll literally take anything aha!! Yeh it's soo complicated, especially when you're not Dutch yourself:/ whereabouts are you from if you don't mind me asking?:smile:

I hope so too! Haha yeah, I'm sure there will be something... 😬 I'm from north Yorkshire, but I'm actually half Dutch! How about you? :smile:
Reply 28
I hope so too! Haha yeah, I'm sure there will be something... 😬 I'm from north Yorkshire, but I'm actually half Dutch! How about you? :smile:

Oh cool!! I live in Bristol, but I'm half Swedish, half Brazilian, born in Sweden:smile:
Original post by #gabby#
Oh cool!! I live in Bristol, but I'm half Swedish, half Brazilian, born in Sweden:smile:

Oh that's so cool!
I've just applied for housing via the uni, because doing it myself proved to be quite a hassle! Have you?

I'm searching on my own, but couldn't find something good yet :-/
I'm searching on my own, but couldn't find something good yet :-/

It's really hard isn't it! Duwo is quite a good website, they post new listings every Tuesday. But I know that the waiting lists are quite long :/
Reply 32
Oh that's so cool!

Aha thanks:smile: so do you speak Dutch then??
Original post by #gabby#
Aha thanks:smile: so do you speak Dutch then??

Yeah I do! It definitely needs practice though, but I'm hoping that it will make it easier to get a part time job on the side :smile:
Reply 34
Yeah I do! It definitely needs practice though, but I'm hoping that it will make it easier to get a part time job on the side :smile:

Oh that's amazing! I'm trying to pick up a couple of words here and there haha:smile: I think because I speak Swedish and a bit of German it shouldn't be tooo hard to partially learn, because there are certain similarities between them?!
It's really hard isn't it! Duwo is quite a good website, they post new listings every Tuesday. But I know that the waiting lists are quite long :/

Indeed, but I'm sure I'll manage to find something ! :-)
Where do you come from ?
Original post by #gabby#
Oh that's amazing! I'm trying to pick up a couple of words here and there haha:smile: I think because I speak Swedish and a bit of German it shouldn't be tooo hard to partially learn, because there are certain similarities between them?!

There are indeed similarities between German and Dutch (German here).
But I think not so much with Swedish...
Reply 37
There are indeed similarities between German and Dutch (German here).
But I think not so much with Swedish...

Oh cool, whereabouts in Germany do you live?:smile: yeah you're right, but there are a few words here and there that are similar, so hopefully it won't be too much of a struggle!
Indeed, but I'm sure I'll manage to find something ! :-)
Where do you come from ?

I'm from north Yorkshire in the UK :smile: how about you?
Original post by #gabby#
Oh cool, whereabouts in Germany do you live?:smile: yeah you're right, but there are a few words here and there that are similar, so hopefully it won't be too much of a struggle!

I actually live in Paris :-)
Well there's English anyway but I don't think learning Dutch will be that difficult :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending