The Student Room Group
I think music from the 80's could compete, such great artists, bands and songs came out in this decade.
If you are including the 70s, then I can agree with that.
Reply 3
Original post by Harold Saxon
I think music from the 80's could compete, such great artists, bands and songs came out in this decade.

Yeah a few I suppose.
Music is subjective though.
Original post by Tom_K.
Yeah a few I suppose.

A few? If anything a lot of the greatest hits of all time came from the 80's.

Michael Jackson, Prince, Spandau Ballet, bon jovi, a ha, the songs Queen did in the 80's, journey, madonna, guns n roses, the police, AC/DC, bryan adams, bruce springsteen, whitesnake, hall and oates, lionel richie, George michael, and countless others!

The songs all these artists and more i've not even named defined the decade, much more content and quality than what i've seen from most 60's artists, although 70's rock is definitely a contender.
Reply 6
80's and 90's Are better.

Michael Jackson , Madonna, Prince, Eminem, Dr Dre&Snoop Dogg , Rakim, Tupac Shakur , Notorious B.I.G , Queen , Bon jovi, AC/DC etc
Original post by FopePrancis
Music is subjective though.

To a point. There is some objective viewpoint.
Reply 8
*Bump
I'm mean it's all opinion really...

I mean, to compare the 60's to the wartime geniuses, to 50's rock and roll, the 70's and 80's soundtrack that was pretty much great all around, the 90's rap... To me the sound just isn't there, it doesn't have the same kick that music before, and after it had. I mean, sure, the 60's were influential, but if that's our basis on what's the best, then surely Elvis alone towers over the 60's.
You're all wrong, the best music era was definitely 3rd century BC.
The Kinks are absolutely unbeatable.
Frankly the fact you guys don't realize music was only revived by Carly Slay Jepsen in 2k12, after it was invented by ascended goddess Eartha Kitt in 1953 then lost by drug addled baby boomers who were preparing to destroy every single environment, culture, and economy they came into contact with from the 60s onwards, is pretty sad
rubbish-the 80s cant compete with dylan,the stones,the who,beatles,cream,hendrix,bacharach,paul simon,john phillips,the kinks,doors,roy orbison,the band,jeff beck,the nice,led zep,donovan..........

Latest