The Student Room Group

Mathematics C3

I'm Studying Maths and Further maths, I'm currently in year 12. I'm working through 100 Questions Ready for the C3 exam next week and I've stumbled upon a question Which I don't quite understand. We get given the Solutions along with these 100 questions and the solution shows the differential of x=2e^t
to be 2e^t in respect to t and the differential of y=8e^-t +3e^t to be -8e^t + 3e^t with respect to t.
My Question is how they got to those differentials.

Ill attach the question and the solution To see if anyone can make better sense of it. :smile: Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Owain Edwards
I'm Studying Maths and Further maths, I'm currently in year 12. I'm working through 100 Questions Ready for the C3 exam next week and I've stumbled upon a question Which I don't quite understand. We get given the Solutions along with these 100 questions and the solution shows the differential of x=2e^t
to be 2e^t in respect to t and the differential of y=8e^-t +3e^t to be -8e^t + 3e^t with respect to t.

Ill attach the question and the solution To see if anyone can make better sense of it. :smile: Thanks.

When you have an e power, the differentiation is the differentiation of what is in the e power times the original, so if you had e^2x, differential is 2 ( which is the differential of 2x) times e^2x

Hope this helps. IMG_0896.jpg
Thank you very much for the quick reply, You reminding me of that triggered a memory, I remember now Thank you very much!
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
When you have an e power, the differentiation is the differentiation of what is in the e power times the original, so if you had e^2x, differential is 2 ( which is the differential of 2x) times e^2x
Thanks you! I didn't expect replies so fast, Now that I remember this becomes a lot easier, I've already done around 20 questions today on implicit / parametric differentiation, The e to the power of t threw me, Thanks again!
Original post by Hasib_332
Original post by Hasib_332

We dont post full solutions in maths because it doesnt help the question asker
I did already have the solutions, :smile: I just didn't understand that one part, I appreciate it all the same :biggrin:
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
We dont post full solutions in maths because it doesnt help the question asker
Thanks you! I didn't expect replies so fast, Now that I remember this becomes a lot easier, I've already done around 20 questions today on implicit / parametric differentiation, The e to the power of t threw me, Thanks again!

No worries. Glad it helped.

Quick Reply

Latest