The Student Room Group

3 ways glucose is used by plants

I was wondering how plants use glucose in 3 ways.

can you help me?
growth, reproduction and respiration (i think)
Reply 2
Original post by rickH123
growth, reproduction and respiration (i think)

thanks
Hello,
Glucose is used by plants to store as starch (when photosynthesis is lacking), for respiration and storing in seeds as lipids. It is also used to make proteins and to build cell walls (made from cellulose).
Hope this helps!
Original post by letsrespire
I was wondering how plants use glucose in 3 ways.

can you help me?
Reply 4
thank you very much. It was very helpful

Original post by Lisa.Williams
Hello,
Glucose is used by plants to store as starch (when photosynthesis is lacking), for respiration and storing in seeds as lipids. It is also used to make proteins and to build cell walls (made from cellulose).
Hope this helps!
Reply 5
Manufacture of the structural carbohydrate cellulose, to convert in to the storage polysaccharide starch and in cell respiration to liberate energy.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Manufacture of the structural carbohydrate cellulose, to convert in to the storage polysaccharide starch and in cell respiration to liberate energy.

Chill out bro, He's obviously only doing GCSE
Reply 7
Original post by qpzm123
Chill out bro, He's obviously only doing GCSE
no harm in going for A*
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
no harm in going for A*

Lol, you do realise how basic GCSE's are right ? You don't need that info for an A* , you just need to know **** like 'stores starch in the roots' thats all ahaha
#roasted
Original post by qpzm123
Lol, you do realise how basic GCSE's are right ? You don't need that info for an A* , you just need to know **** like 'stores starch in the roots' thats all ahaha

Original post by Zarek
no harm in going for A*
no i cannot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending