The Student Room Group

Cold War history gcse

Does anyone have a break down of how to answer the questions in the Cold War paper?
Original post by A_bee1
Does anyone have a break down of how to answer the questions in the Cold War paper?

im currently working on flashcards for the whole of history gcse-i've made 160 but im filling in the answers (on Quizlet) i would just look at the spec and learn everything there-then look at how to answer the questions in terms of structure and it should be easy after that!

after a quick google search i found a resource someone made on getrevising it may be of help to you, it seems to have a lot of questions in it:
https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/cold_war_exam_questions_answered

but yeah-hope that helped and good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much!! I'll take a look now
Reply 3
Original post by pastelsloth
im currently working on flashcards for the whole of history gcse-i've made 160 but im filling in the answers (on Quizlet) i would just look at the spec and learn everything there-then look at how to answer the questions in terms of structure and it should be easy after that!

after a quick google search i found a resource someone made on getrevising it may be of help to you, it seems to have a lot of questions in it:
https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/cold_war_exam_questions_answered

but yeah-hope that helped and good luck :smile:

the flashcards you're making are you going to post them, if so how long? Thank you
Original post by Y.D2000
the flashcards you're making are you going to post them, if so how long? Thank you

Well I wrote all the questions out from the spec-but actually it depends on what stuff your school chose for you to do as subjects in the History spec. This thread is on Cold War and I've made some for that so I'm assuming you do this topic. I guess I have got all 160 terms for the Questions side of the card and I have yet to fill out the answers part.

But if you look up either cold war or any of your other topics, many people have made their flashcards there if you can't wait for when I put mine up (Which probably is meant to be up today but I procrastinate so bad). And some people there have made some good Flashcards and Quizlet always makes it fun to use them-if you can't find any then just tell me your topic and I could try looking?
Reply 5
Original post by pastelsloth
Well I wrote all the questions out from the spec-but actually it depends on what stuff your school chose for you to do as subjects in the History spec. This thread is on Cold War and I've made some for that so I'm assuming you do this topic. I guess I have got all 160 terms for the Questions side of the card and I have yet to fill out the answers part.

But if you look up either cold war or any of your other topics, many people have made their flashcards there if you can't wait for when I put mine up (Which probably is meant to be up today but I procrastinate so bad). And some people there have made some good Flashcards and Quizlet always makes it fun to use them-if you can't find any then just tell me your topic and I could try looking?

Ahh its cool if you take your time. I do cold war topic(cuban missile crisis, vietnam and the cause of cold war) and USA 1919-1941
Original post by Y.D2000
Ahh its cool if you take your time. I do cold war topic(cuban missile crisis, vietnam and the cause of cold war) and USA 1919-1941

oohh, I don't do those :/ look them up on Quizlet or Getrevising, people make some good stuff

Quick Reply

Latest