The Student Room Group

bsc medical ultrasound or bsc diagnostic radiography?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have applied in December, just before Christmas. How about you? :smile:

Original post by Carly181286
I have an interview in March.
When did you apply? X
Original post by paollo
I have applied in December, just before Christmas. How about you? :smile:

In December but I think it was right at the start. Have you heard anything back?
To sign up to mySRS?,
Reply 42
Hi I've apllied for this course and had my interview in Jan
Received an offer a week after the interview ☺️
In December but I think it was right at the start. Have you heard anything back?
To sign up to mySRS?,
Original post by Haleema8

Congratulations!!!
Would you be able to tell me what the day/interview was like?

I'm so worried about the written test x
Reply 44
Congratulations!!!
Would you be able to tell me what the day/interview was like?

I'm so worried about the written test x

Thank you!
The day as quite calm and relaxed. With the written test I would advise you to go over things relating to sonographer's role, qualities and just their typical day.
Read around the topic so you're updated on the latest news surrounding NHS and ultrasound.
And just be confident and calm, they'll easily pick up on your passion for the field and you should hopefully receive an offer.
All the best 👏🏽
Original post by Haleema8

A week later and I'm still waiting for my decision 😩 I'm so nervous x
A week later and I'm still waiting for my decision 😩 I'm so nervous x

Best of luck!!
Original post by Haleemasadiia
Best of luck!!

I got in 😁
Hi

For those that find this I'm setting up a Fscebook group called

BCU Medical Ultrasound 2017

Please feel free to add yourself as it would be great to get to know a few people before we start.

Thanks

Carly
Hii has the group been made yet or? I can't seem to find it

Hi

For those that find this I'm setting up a Fscebook group called

Please feel free to add yourself as it would be great to get to know a few people before we start.

Thanks

Carly
Yes I made it this morning.

Original post by Haleemasadiia
Hii has the group been made yet or? I can't seem to find it
If you can't find it I don't mind you adding me.
It's Carly Jo whitehouse and then I can add you myself x
Hi guys I am a student nurse who wanted to get in to sonography after I qualify and train for a few years. I just wanted to know is the post grad degree recognised by the HCPC and do nurses even get to do these courses? xx
it not registered read the website properly it say it it clearly not a credited as songrapher isn't a protected title
You cannot register as a Sonographer with a statutory body like HCPC etc, as it isn't a protected title under the law. Most Sonographers are registered as Radiographer's or equivalent, who have gone on to do a PGCert or MSc. Sonography is classed as an advanced practitioner role, but it is not possible to be registered as a 'Sonographer', to the best of my knowledge. The new ACP Framework has clear steps you must take to become an advanced practitioner, so I do wonder what your title would be at the end of the degree. I would ask this question before applying.- From a final year Radiography Student wanting to move into Ultrasound long-term...
t get t
Original post by Soph282
Hi, I didn't start this course in the end. The course won't be HCPC registered on completion and as I'm a mature student I wasn't willing to risk studying 4 years and not finding a job at the end. Sort I couldn't help 😟

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you wouldn't be registered with HCPC as a Radiographer after 3 years - then straight onto Post Grad course? That's terrible if so!! :O
Reply 56
Original post by DRad Nat
t get tSo you wouldn't be registered with HCPC as a Radiographer after 3 years - then straight onto Post Grad course? That's terrible if so!! :O

For the medical ultrasound course you won’t be HCPC registered after the course no.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 57
If you can't find it I don't mind you adding me.
It's Carly Jo whitehouse and then I can add you myself x

Hi! The course BCU offer will not turn you into a "sonographer" It is not a protected title. 95% of places you apply to will turn you down. The other 5% 'might' accept you, but put you under very close supervision with another more highly experienced and more qualified radiographer; trained in sonography. You would be the equivalent of a sonogrpaher from the US/Australia. They only have 3 years of training and too have a dedicated degree for this 'profession'. However they and you will be prohibited from performing lots of examinations and their wage will start on band 5(NHS), moving to band 6 after LOTS of experience is gained(>2 years). You would then have to do a masters/PGDip in 'sonography' (almost again aha) to move to band 7, where you then take the lead and file your own reports.

An optometrist wouldn't be able to prescribe medicines for 3(bsc)+1(foundation year) +2(experience) +2(post graduate) years of training. =8. What makes you think that after 3 years you would be qualified to start scanning the testicles of a male for a cancer that could potentially end his life if undetected?...With no second opinion.

(INFORMATION FROM: The Radiology Manager of Fair field Hospital - Manchester)
Take it as you will
Hi, choosing the medical ultrasound course you won't be registered as the professionals.
Reply 59
Hello,My name is Woelan. I'm a Medical Doctor General Practitioner from Indonesia. I wish to enroll in Msc Medical Ultrasound this coming September 19 intake. But my applications are refused, it's not clear yet for me what's the reason is.Do you think this program is not open for International Student?How if I enter this program by taking Bsc program first?Any advises are welcome 😀

Quick Reply

Latest