The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Doing unproductive things that are productive. I should be revising but a few filthy frank video's here and there won't hurt.
Original post by -TheMockingJay-
Doing unproductive things that are productive. I should be revising but a few filthy frank video's here and there won't hurt.

ravioli ravioli give me the death i deservioli
im sooooo high rn.. feels so good
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
The RHS is (might be n-1 in the upper but it doesn't really matter) x0x1k=mnαk<k=mαk \displaystyle \vert x_0 - x_1 \vert \sum_{k=m}^n \alpha^k < \sum_{k=m}^\infty \alpha^k which necessarily tends to zero as m goes to infinity (so of course as m and n do) since it is the remainder sum of a convergent series.

K thanks, for some reason I kept getting tends to a nonzero constant...
On the bright side I've been able to comfortably do everything else so far. It's generally all bookwork or straightforward, the real challenge is the tight time constraints.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
K thanks, for some reason I kept getting tends to a nonzero constant...
On the bright side I've been able to comfortably do everything else so far. It's generally all bookwork or straightforward, the real challenge is the tight time constraints.

I think time is an issue in most of the exams. Certainly the 3 hour ones are preferable (Analysis III was a joke this year; I finished the 4 questions in like 2 hours so just did them all, then still had like half an hour to look over stuff) but in Analysis II in particular there is a lot to do. Generally it seems to be the case that if you don't see how to do something quickly you might as well move on and only do it if you have time at the end, which isn't what maths should be about.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I think time is an issue in most of the exams. Certainly the 3 hour ones are preferable (Analysis III was a joke this year; I finished the 4 questions in like 2 hours so just did them all, then still had like half an hour to look over stuff) but in Analysis II in particular there is a lot to do. Generally it seems to be the case that if you don't see how to do something quickly you might as well move on and only do it if you have time at the end, which isn't what maths should be about.

Agreed, the whole style of the exams here is just wrong. The emphasis is on doing questions that you already knew the answer to and failing questions you don't immediately know the answer to.
Btw I'm full on shocked by what you mentioned about Analysis III. When you said that it would be just assignment Qs I didn't expect it to be that extreme. Wow...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Agreed, the whole style of the exams here is just wrong. The emphasis is on doing questions that you already knew the answer to and failing questions you don't immediately know the answer to.
Btw I'm full on shocked by what you mentioned about Analysis III. When you said that it would be just assignment Qs I didn't expect it to be that extreme. Wow...

Yeah, it's a weird one. I dunno what mark to expect because they're going to have to be unbelievably stringent when it comes to the clarity and rigour of people's arguments if they want to get the average down below a first..
Original post by AryanGh
ravioli ravioli give me the death i deservioli

Formula time?
Terrible.
Words can't even sum it up.:cry2:
Really weird. I woke up this morning with this pain in my chest / throat that is very intermittent. So uncomfortable.
I'm feeling better now I've seen you:smile:

Sorry to hear you not good - could it be something as simple as indigestion?
Original post by Drez999
I'm feeling better now I've seen you:smile:

Er, why? :tongue:

Original post by Drez999
Sorry to hear you not good - could it be something as simple as indigestion?

Nah, I've had that before, though I suppose it could be something lodged somewhere as I'd swallowed. I woke up with it this morning though, and since I left my window wide open and usually feel funny as a result of the temperature I figured I'd just landed myself with a cold. Still, not had this feeling before and at times it's actually quite painful.
My comment about my feeling better was just a throw away line - you are a nice guy is all...

Not sure what your problem could be - when you say you have had it since you woke up - do you mean like this morning as in Saturday or actually yesterday? When you swallow does it feel normal for you?
Will be glad when this is all sorted out :yes: and that will coincide with the end of exams so that's even more reason to want it to be 3 weeks from now :moon:
Original post by Drez999
My comment about my feeling better was just a throw away line - you are a nice guy is all...

Congratulations! You're one of...four...people on this forum to think that! :wink:

Original post by Drez999
Not sure what your problem could be - when you say you have had it since you woke up - do you mean like this morning as in Saturday or actually yesterday? When you swallow does it feel normal for you?

Friday morning. And yes, swallowing is normal. It's really intermittent, so I can't determine the problem. Very few times today I've had to stop what I've been doing because for a moment it feels like I've got something blocking my airways.
Four???

It sounds a little strange about having to stop as you feel your airway may be compromised - I'm just wondering if you may have inhaled something when you were asleep - window open etc?

I think it would be good for you to monitor it for a while to see if things become easier but, tbh, there is nothing wrong with pitching up at A&E or calling NHS 111 - they would provide guidance or at least some peace of mind amigo?
Original post by Drez999
I think it would be good for you to monitor it for a while to see if things become easier but, tbh, there is nothing wrong with pitching up at A&E or calling NHS 111 - they would provide guidance or at least some peace of mind amigo?

I got to book an appointment with docs anyway as I've got a catch-up to do with anti-depressants, so will see what happens. I may even wake up this morning and feel a-okay.

Thanks for your concern, truly. I'll keep you posted!
Cool.

Look after yourself amigo - PM me with an update or whenever...
Man's feeling blessed today :h:
Nostalgic

Latest

Trending

Trending