The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Original post by Victoriamj
I would personally go with no jeans, trainers, football tops, slogans ect as the standard and you cant really go wrong.

People wear shorts, t shirts, trainers even the Arab long dresses. It's like going to a pub
Original post by naszam
People wear shorts, t shirts, trainers even the Arab long dresses. It's like going to a pub

Which location u workin at?
Original post by anisajazz
They said to us we will get 3 week pay at end of month i started on 8th may they said cut off date is 15tg of each month

Hi anisa have u got ur rota for what u will be working after training?
Reply 1683
Original post by Nas08
Which location u workin at?

Salford Manchester
Been couple of days since I started loads off paper work done and normal induction jargon start proper training tmrw will keep every1 updated 👍
Reply 1685
Original post by Fontaine1990
yeah got my shifts now start rota on tuesday thank god for bank holiday haha
yeah starting to ask for less and less help each day feeling way more confident then i did on the first live call was bricking it nw just feels like routine ha

are you on tax credits ?

Awww yeah I am on TC & I understand how you were feeling.
Original post by Nas08
Hi anisa have u got ur rota for what u will be working after training?

No apperently after ya 5week training u will be in consolidation for 4weeks where u get extra support after that i will be on shifts
Original post by Nas08
Been couple of days since I started loads off paper work done and normal induction jargon start proper training tmrw will keep every1 updated 👍

Lol im on the same floor as you i wear a blue coat and my trainer is a blonde lady so your with me now but dont no who you are lol
No apperently after ya 5week training u will be in consolidation for 4weeks where u get extra support after that i will be on shifts

Is that with debt management? My email said 2 weeks training,I sure hope that's not all :')

Does that consolidation period mean another 4 weeks of working 9-5?
Original post by Loose167
Is that with debt management? My email said 2 weeks training,I sure hope that's not all :':wink:

No personal tax

9 till 5.30 2x 15min break and 1hr for lunch

I'm in debt management and our line manager has told us that after our 5 weeks training we will be working 9-5 and we are allowed 36 minutes for dinner and a 5 minute personal break every hour
Original post by naszam
Salford Manchester

Has everyone in Salford been assigned managers? x
Original post by LolaFish
Has everyone in Salford been assigned managers? x

I've been assigned a manager in salford
Original post by Bethxparkinson
I'm in debt management and our line manager has told us that after our 5 weeks training we will be working 9-5 and we are allowed 36 minutes for dinner and a 5 minute personal break every hour

Am so glad you've posted this lol. I am in debt management too. How are you finding it so far? So basically am guessing in debt management you get to work 9-5.
Original post by phili20
Am so glad you've posted this lol. I am in debt management too. How are you finding it so far? So basically am guessing in debt management you get to work 9-5.

It's going good only on my 3rd day but I like it, we're doing e-learning and call handling training this week and PAYE training next week. Yeah it's 9-5 as there isn't a demand for calls at the weekend or late (that's what our manager said) and you can do flexi as well so you can come in a max 30 minutes before and leave 30 minutes late and get approx an extra 2.5 days off a month

That's really good! I'm in Personal Tax so I'm unsure if it will be the same. Hope everything goes well with your training!
It's going good only on my 3rd day but I like it, we're doing e-learning and call handling training this week and PAYE training next week. Yeah it's 9-5 as there isn't a demand for calls at the weekend or late (that's what our manager said) and you can do flexi as well so you can come in a max 30 minutes before and leave 30 minutes late and get approx an extra 2.5 days off a month

I hope it'll be the same over here in Newcastle for the shift pattern. :smile: I start soon we'll see. Enjoy the rest of your training.
Original post by phili20
I hope it'll be the same over here in Newcastle for the shift pattern. :smile: I start soon we'll see. Enjoy the rest of your training.

When are you starting phili? I'm still waiting to hear. Accepted my provisional offer at the beginning of April for Newcastle

Quick Reply

Latest