The Student Room Group

Am I gay?

Hello, I am 16 and I really need some advice. I never had the courage to talk to anyone about this irl(other than my best friend), although I think most my friends already consider me gay(which upsets me because I'm straight).

So basically I have had 2 relationships so far with girls in my school(nothing serious though, longest was for 3 weeks) and I can't say I felt happy really. One of those girls wanted to have sex and we were about to do it but after I saw her vagina I felt like throwing up. I felt scared because it looked like some shark's teeth so I couldn't do it. Soon after this incident we broke up. I am attracted to girls though but after this I was so confused. I told my best friend about it and he said he feels the same about vaginas and that is nothing wrong with me. However, idk what was going on in my head after he said this we both went quiet and I sort went to nervously kiss him, but the weird thing is he didn't push me away. One thing led to another and we ended having oral sex. We didn't have any other type of sex, and after we finished it felt kind of awkward. My friend said he is not gay afterwards and said he has to go. Idk why I have done what I did, during the momemnt it felt so good but afterwards I was convinced I am not gay. It's been 4 days, we haven't spoken since. I need some help, what should I tell my best friend now next time we speak? Does he hate me? Also, am I actually gay despite not being attracted to guys?

Scroll to see replies

You are whatever you feel you are. Don't let others put labels on you.
Original post by cinder.darling
Hello, I am 16 and I really need some advice. I never had the courage to talk to anyone about this irl(other than my best friend), although I think most my friends already consider me gay(which upsets me because I'm straight).

So basically I have had 2 relationships so far with girls in my school(nothing serious though, longest was for 3 weeks) and I can't say I felt happy really. One of those girls wanted to have sex and we were about to do it but after I saw her vagina I felt like throwing up. I felt scared because it looked like some shark's teeth so I couldn't do it. Soon after this incident we broke up. I am attracted to girls though but after this I was so confused. I told my best friend about it and he said he feels the same about vaginas and that is nothing wrong with me. However, idk what was going on in my head after he said this we both went quiet and I sort went to nervously kiss him, but the weird thing is he didn't push me away. One thing led to another and we ended having oral sex. We didn't have any other type of sex, and after we finished it felt kind of awkward. My friend said he is not gay afterwards and said he has to go. Idk why I have done what I did, during the momemnt it felt so good but afterwards I was convinced I am not gay. It's been 4 days, we haven't spoken since. I need some help, what should I tell my best friend now next time we speak? Does he hate me? Also, am I actually gay despite not being attracted to guys?

Yes, your gay.

Original post by PegasusTenma
You are whatever you feel you are. Don't let others put labels on you.

I label myself as gay, 100% of people I know label.
LEL KEK
Reply 4
Original post by ckfeister
Yes, your gay.

I label myself as gay, 100% of people I know label.

Thing is I hate being called gay, because I am straight. It's weird though because I feel attracted to women but I think I find penises appealing. Not attracted to males though, but after I gave my best friend a bj I realised I kind of enjoyed it and I feel very guilty:frown:
wtf lmao you're totally bi

and have you had oral sex with a girl? I'm 2000% straight but looking at vaginas still make me feel...icky....

as far as I can tell you like oral sex, you just happened to have it with a guy first

the fact that both a girl and guy can turn you on is bi tho

at least i think, idk

lmao how do u even initiate oral with a straight male friend xDDDD
(edited 6 years ago)

Who do you like? Girls or guys?

Which one would you like to have sex with?
you may not be attracted to guys or girls (asexual) or you could just be gay and not realise it. It doesn't sound like you're straight tbh but who knows. You shouldnt worry about labelling urself n just see what happens you dont need to figure **** out STRAIGHT away... hahaha see what I did there...

'Shark's teeth.' :rofl: Well, sexuality is a very complicated thing to determine. Straight people have had gay sex before so you can't call yourself gay based on that. From my experience, I knew I was bisexual when I consistently kept feeling attraction to women. Have you felt attraction to dudes before?
Reply 9

You might be gay. You might be bi. You might be homosexual but heteroromantic (relationships with girls, sex with guys). Or you might be straight.

There could be any number of reasons why you'd feel sick on seeing a vagina for the first time, being gay is only one of them. If you were gay, you'd've been more likely to feel nothing than anything else. Could be anything, even nerves - that's happened to me.

If you want to work out what you are, think about what turns you on. Do you normally prefer to think about men or women, or both?
(edited 6 years ago)
If you're not comfortable with the term bisexual/gay, how about heteroflexible?

Thing is I hate being called gay, because I am straight. It's weird though because I feel attracted to women but I think I find penises appealing. Not attracted to males though, but after I gave my best friend a bj I realised I kind of enjoyed it and I feel very guilty:frown:

Romantic orientation and sexual orientation are two different things. It's possible that you're romantically attracted to girls and sexually attracted to guys, or that you're just not suited to a certain type of intercourse. Don't feel too tied down by labels or genders. Good luck with all.
Reply 11
Original post by Manuster

and have you had oral sex with a girl? I'm 2000% straighy but vaginas still make me feel...icky....

as far as I can tell you like oral sex, you just happened to have it with a guy first

at least i think, idk

No I was about to with my ex but I felt like fainting as soon as I saw her vagina. Our relationship wnt awkward and she soon broke up with me. She said the same old it's me not you crap, but I know it is because of what happened.

Yeah, I think it was actually just an accident. I'm definetly not bi, would never be able to date a guy or even have sexual penetration with.

Now that you say that, I actually I think my best friend is the gay one. Because after we kissed he took my hand and placed it on his crotch.
Reply 12
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Who do you like? Girls or guys?

Which one would you like to have sex with?

I like girls. But now after my experience I'd definetly suck a dick from time to time. But no sex, I'll have that just with girls(hopefully if I overcome my fear of vaginas)

Then why make a thread called " Am I gay? " :confused:
Original post by Manuster

and have you had oral sex with a girl? I'm 2000% straight but looking at vaginas still make me feel...icky....

at least i think, idk

Boy 1: I'm bored.

Boy 2: Yeah.

Boy 1: You horny?

Boy 1: I'm curious to taste the D, want me to take care of you?

hqdefault.jpg

Boy 1: How was that?

Reply 15
Original post by Tootles
You might be gay. You might be bi. You might be homosexual but heteroromantic (relationships with girls, sex with guys). Or you might be straight.

There could be any number of reasons why you'd feel sick on seeing a vagina for the first time, being gay is only one of them. If you were gay, you'd've been more likely to feel nothing than anything else. Could be anything, even nerves - that's happened to me.

If you want to work out what you are, think about what turns you on. Do you normally prefer to think about men or women, or both?

I am straight. And yeah thank it must of been nerves. It may sound strange but I'm turned on by girls' belly buttons, especially when they wear a crop top. I definetly prefer girls but my guy best friend's penis looked pretty good, like a lollipop. But no I'm not turned on by that, it just felt good but idek:s-smilie:
Reply 16
You're 16, a person's sexuality generally shapes up until the age of 21, it's perfectly normal and natural to experiment at your age. It might not be perfectly clear for you right now who you like and don't and you might have mixed or confused feelings. It'll eventually clear up over time and you'll have a solid stance on whether you're gay, straight or bi.
I like girls. But now after my experience I'd definetly suck a dick from time to time. But no sex, I'll have that just with girls(hopefully if I overcome my fear of vaginas)

You can't say your straight and say you'll suck dick. You're gay.
Good for you :smile:

You'll overcome it, just don't put yourself under any pressure. But don't start hating yourself if you do just turn out to be gay.
Reply 19
Original post by constantine2016
'Shark's teeth.' :rofl: Well, sexuality is a very complicated thing to determine. Straight people have had gay sex before so you can't call yourself gay based on that. From my experience, I knew I was bisexual when I consistently kept feeling attraction to women. Have you felt attraction to dudes before?

Not attracted to dudes, only saw 2 penises in my life though(mine and my best friends) and my best friends looked quite nice, but not in an attractive way more of a lusty way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending